Free Ebay Gift

Aww Shucks, Thanks Uncle Ebeneezer Ebay..Just what Ive always wanted a free box of coloured masking tape..maybe in your current mood of "generosity" you could switch on my store lights so I could perhaps use the gift of masking tape for long awaited sales..

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Free Ebay Gift

I got the email on each account and it also showed up on the home page. I had a heap of unpaid stuff that I'd bought at auction over the last 10 days (I'm not a slack buyer, most of the sellers have a 14 day combined postage thingy, so was still buying). I wasn't sure if it would work for previously bought items, but it most certainly did. They said there was a limit of 10 items per transaction. One transaction I paid for had 35 items and the 18% applied to all of them. The second transaction was in a different currency, so I paid that one to. I think that transaction had around 20 items (I've been a busy buyer the last few weeks!

As an aside, an order I paid for on Sept 15th arrived today..........from CHINA. ETA was November 29. I felt obligated to say that it arrived before then. 5 days to arrive from China was pretty something (there was no mention of express post). It was 5 days because the posted on the 16th. I've had packages sent express and it says "China Express" on the label. Nothing on this one, just the usual 2 labels (one in English, one in Chinese).

All these parcels that are going to arrive in the next few weeks, it's probably a good thing I told them today at work I was having 2 weeks off, effective immediately.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

I got nothing in my emails and it did not turn up on my Home page till nearly 6.30pm.  I was about to come here and see if someone had the Code.

I had missed  paying for an auction win from yesterday and it was sitting in my Cart....not a large amount and it did have postage on it but the discount was a plus.  I added another reasonably expensive item and then made up the rest of the 10 items with cheapish items for stocking stuffers....all things on my Watch List for just such a discount.

I did similar with the second purchase.....2 major items then make up the 10 items with smaller cheaper items.

I am ever mindful of the Christmas discounts coming up in the next few months...if they are anything like previous years they will be better than 18%.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

same with me lyndal - though it never showed up on my homepage. got the email, kept checking from 6pm local time, waited til 6pm AEST and it still never showed. had to look around here for the discount code. just another incompetently-run ebay promotion :]

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply