Free Ebay Gift

Aww Shucks, Thanks Uncle Ebeneezer Ebay..Just what Ive always wanted a free box of coloured masking tape..maybe in your current mood of "generosity" you could switch on my store lights so I could perhaps use the gift of masking tape for long awaited sales..

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Free Ebay Gift

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Maybe the ads are location based. I've not seen any ads for eBay here (regional NSW).

Darwin, for the Chinese sellers ?????                           true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

I'm also in regional NSW and haven't seen the ads. Bit tired of the sheep dip ads, though!!!
Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Maybe the ads are location based. I've not seen any ads for eBay here (regional NSW).

You're not missing much Tippy.

I could live without being bombarded by ads that make ebay soud like the be all and end all of online shopping.Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

@the4masters2013 wrote:
I'm also in regional NSW and haven't seen the ads. Bit tired of the sheep dip ads, though!!!

...............French Onion dip doesn't sting the tongue as much though              original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

It's hard to dip your sheep in French Onion, though Padi.

Image result for sheep dip meme

And to stay on topic, I still have 30 rolls of their Christmas tape.

Not much call for it in large letters
Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

@the4masters2013 wrote:

Tell me about it! I'm getting the exact same ones you are. I can't work out whether the pour on or the injectable is the better option! 

While I'm whinging about ads, the flood coverage of Real Insurance in prime time. Enough already!

Then the one I really want to throw something at the TV......

"Matilda, Can you smell something?"

"Yes, it smells like....."

"Quick!"

<Runs to the kitchen>

"Muuuuum"

<mum gets burnt, smoking cake from the oven>

"I was just trying to make a pineapple and poppy seed cake".

I have never come so close to throwing a chair at the TV. I don't know what they were thinking when they made that ad, but I really hope those girls get severely bullied at school. How anyone can think that ad is funny is beyond me.

Rant over.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

@the4masters2013 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

It's a whole new world out there in regional areas, obviously.

I've never heard or seen a sheep dip ad!

I'm in metro melbourne and trust me- they are pushing ebay as colourful & trendy. Makes me wonder if maybe young people are tending more to use other sites for online buying & the ads are trying to pull in that crowd.

Oh and it's all about new stuff. To watch the ads, you wouldn't know anything second hand was on sale too.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

Did anyone see the ACA Sydney program last night?

There was a segment on ebay's 18th birthday (today).

The ad was pathetic but one thing I did get from it was that there will be an 18% discount site wide tonight from 6pm to 10pm (I think).

Interestingly, there is nothing on My Ebay to give any indication of the sale.....that is one way to save some money I suppose

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

Thanks for the heads up about the 18th birthday promotion.  I received an email but ignored it like I usually do.

The email said: "Two billion hours spent on ebay over the past 18 years".  I guess that's two billion hours I'll never get back!

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Free Ebay Gift

For those who may not have received the email, here's a partial screen shot.

Gotta love the plug I've circled in red - what about us little (and not so little) sellers - hmmm, what about us eBay - not  mention

eBay 18th Birthday.png

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply