Funds on hold

Having feedback on over 600 items I am now considering new after not selling for a few years. My funds are being withheld.  I find this unfair and I can't find where I can dispute this.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Funds on hold

@swinsersrocks wrote:

I find this unfair and I can't find where I can dispute this.

You can't dispute it, it was in the T&C's that you agreed to when you signed up to sell again after over a year.

I do hope you have fully verified your personal and bank details for Managed Payments or you'll never get your money.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Funds on hold

You can't dispute it

The same rules for every single seller who has not sold in as long as you have. It does not matter how much you sold years ago

There is no special rules/treatment 

Hopefully you fully signed up for Managed Payments and got the go ahead to start selling again or you funds won't be released at all

You ticked you agreed to the terms when listing items for sale

And those terms do apply

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Funds on hold

Nothing to dispute,  the policy applies to you.  It is nothing personal and applies to any seller who stops selling for about 3 months.

The policy was available to you, when you signed on to managed payments and agreed to all T & C's.

It was also available to you at the time of creating listings and again agreeing to T & C's

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Funds on hold

I absolutely agree with you.  The same thing happened to me. I have been buying and selling on ebay for many years with 100% positive feedback.  I hadn't sold anything for 6 months. I then listed several items of jewellery and was paid immediatley for the first 3 sales and then suddenly ebay decided to place a hold on future sales until the items were delivered.

I rang to ask why and was, eventually, told it was because I hadn't sold recently and I was lucky that I had been paid immediately for the other sales. When I complained it was obvious they didn't care, even when I told them I would be ending all my current listings (which I did) and would not buy or sell on ebay again.

I don't care what people say about it being the policy etc., it is wrong! 

When I sell on Facebook Marketplace (which is where I sell everthing now) I get paid before I post my item and don't pay any fees.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Funds on hold

Were you meaning to reply to Padi, or the OP, your post tends to indicate the later.

It pays to double check, be it the thread, or ebay policies, T&C's etc.

No one here or at ebay cares if you sell or not, and why would ebay CS wish to offer you special treatment for your ignorance.

Best of luck elsewhere,  but given your recent sales, I personally, would not be buying or selling any such items  where you indicate, or anywhere else without policies and protections in place.

Maybe you need to check out some of the negative issues from elsewhere, numerous  murders, assaults and fraudulent payments, just the tip of the iceberg.

Be Safe.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Funds on hold

You agreed to it when you listed and ticked the 'I have read and understood' bit

You also had another thread you posted on here, asking about the 'changes'

So you were fully aware of it all, and you go ahead with listing

You get special treatment for 3 items by getting paid right away, when you should not have been

But despite that, you still expect to have kept on getting special treatment and blame the eBay CS for 'not caring'

They type from a pre written script

You ticked you had read and understood the terms of sale

eBay CS do not have the power to 'override holds on funds'

And as said, it is hardly risking your safety over when eBay are not even going to notice you not using 'their site' to sell

Seriously cutting off your nose to spite your face 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Funds on hold

People who don't sell regularly really are better off selling in or on an alternative venue in some cases. I've said that many times before.

eBay's Managed Payments works well enough for those who are regular sellers because once they've verified their bank account and their ID, and assuming that there are no red flags in their selling, their funds are paid out regularly without delays. They are not classed by eBay as a "new seller", so there is no hold involved. That is obviously not the case with new sellers or with old sellers who haven't sold for a long while.

If  you're going to be selling expensive items, be very aware of the scams that are becoming more and more common on Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree, and other places. Take precautions, both with online interactions and in-person handovers. Don't assume that a 04xx xxx xxx number is actually being dialled... Don't assume that 03 xxxx xxxx is in Victoria, or 02 etc in NSW, and so on. If someone can't inspect in person, be suspicious. If someone wants to use Pay ID, fine - but be aware of the notorious PayID scam. (See https://news.nab.com.au/news/payid-scam/ for details.)

If you're going to be selling regularly, it could well be worth the hassle of going through the verification processes and the initial payment holds on eBay - but it's up to you.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply