GST suddenly put on buyers invoice, in Australia

Has anyone had this problem today, I cannot get paid as ebay have put GST on buyers invoice here in Australia

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: GST suddenly put on buyers invoice, in Australia

Can you explain further? Screenshot?

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Where is the buyer registered.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, today. Buyer got invoice with 10% GST, yet it doesn't show up on the copy I got emailed. 😞

Sent her a refund of the extra amount to keep everything sweet. Talk about double-dipping - taxing both seller and buyer.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Does anyone know if this has been fixed? From last night  I have a patient buyer; I will send the invoice again if I know the glitch has been fixed; but I can't tell if this is the case, as my copy of the invoice does not show GST added. So has anyone sent an invoice this morning that is as it should be - ie has not heard back from an irate buyer. Thanks

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I've had the same thing happening as a buyer.  This must be an Ebay error.  I am in Australia, buying from an Australian seller yet the GST is described as being on "low value imports".  

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Thats happened to me, both seller and I live in Australia items under $40 or $200 (2 transactions) and they both tell me I have to pay GST on them when I pay .. yet all items are 2nd hand. 

Ebay wasn't helpful when I asked for help said will send to tech support .. not fixed the issue. 

I have brought the same thing from one of the sellers last week and no gst needed to be paid .. and today one more no gst to be paid but the bundle yesterday have to pay gst. 

I paid for the others asmorning as some where from friday's purchase.... and Yes I paid GST on something I shouldn't have. 

Will get $ back even if I take it further as it should not be the case on these items. 

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

EBAY RESPONSE - I have checked this for you and I would like to share with you that there is an ongoing side wide technical issue due to which the buyers are getting GST added in their order amount even when the order is a domestic order only. Kindly be assured this has already been highlighted to our team and our team is already working on this and this will be resolved at the earliest.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

I would just pay the invoice if you are in a hurry as ebay will refund when they work out the issue. 

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

I paid the invoice as had the reminder pay or loose the item .. also it had been 4 days on some items waiting for ebay to fix issue and still wasn't fixed asmorning when i paid, lucky I had a understand  sellers. 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply