Getting blamed for Australia Post losing mail

I am getting really fed up with customers blaming me for items lost in the post. I sell mainly small items so tracking is not an option.  I've had a couple of negative feedbacks because of this, even though I have refunded or replaced the items. Mostly I get messages, sometimes very nasty. Does anyone else go through this?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I currently have 3 parcels that are stuck on initiated. One has been sitting on that since december 16. I thought i was doing the right thing by using ebay postage. I usually just put the parcels into the red box out the front of our local post office. All 3 that are missing were dropped into the same box over various times. Yet i have another red box about 800 metres from my house that i use when im being lazy. The same postie collects from both, yet the only trouble i appear to be having is the red box that i thought would be the saffest. It does say with ebay postage that you can drop into red box but when you do the item just says initiated. So its back to going into the PO and having them scanned. Australia Post should be made to pay the full amount on items lost. If they wish to employ contractors etc rather than actually employ people directly then why should we be made to pay for the things they lose.

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

I no longer trust Australia Post as I lost $1.000 worth of items sent registered post and paypal found against me on all four items.despite various forms of registration.

You must have defended the claim incorrectly for that to happen on Registered Post items. Paypal can't resolve a claim in the buyer's favour when the seller provides proof of postage, that is a buyer doesn't meet the eligibility criteria to make claim for items not received when the seller holds proof of postage.

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

Australia Post should be held responsable for all of the items lost or stollen after all we trust them to deliver and deliver safe there should be some kind of written agreement with Australia Post that they should and will be responsable for lost or stollen items no mater the price or size of the item.... it is no wonder Australia Post has lost a lot of customers due to lost and stollen items, and that is why their costs are going up for postal services because they are losing customers and losing money, People will soon be using other ways to get their deliveries to their customers and Australia Post will go broke. all we need is more competition and that will soon sort Australia Post out.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

I would like to say something about Australia Post and their signature deliveries.... I was waiting on a package to arrive it did not come so I contacted the sender to see what had happened to my package and he told me that it has already been delivered and signed for so I asked him who signed for it and he went to Australia Post to find out and it ended up that a young boy aged 14 signed for the package when it was delivered to his address 4 streets across from mine!! lucky for me his father was a honest man because he delivered my package personaly the next weekend (he worked day and most of the night so could not come then) and he appologised for the mistake, he appologised for the Australia Post delivery man delivering it to the wrong address and also letting a underage person sign for the package and he also apologised for not bringing the package around earlier because he was working day and most of the night!

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

Can people stop dragging up necro threads from 2014 and rather start a fresh enquiry. 

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

Two different questions so two separate answers:

1. necrothreads: When I am on mobile it is a lite-site so I see no dates of any kind. People new to the forums will have no idea how old some threads are. Even people who have been around a while may get caught.

2. fresh enquiry: yes, I agree. But, we will still get this. I did this in my early days, too *hangs head* oh well.

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

i get items delivered quite regularly with sign for, prolly cos i know the postman quite well i never look to see if the parcels are addressed to me until after hes driven away. 

it ought to be a requirement that before signing the postman/woman/person should show the parcels address label to the person about to sign for it just to be sure its the right place.

would stop most of the wrong address deliveries on the head (signed for ones that is)

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

We had a similar instance to what you describe some time back.

The AP delivery driver turned up with two boxes from overseas which we were expecting, both from the same supplier.

She brought them to the garage door which was open at the time and put them on the floor. Our garage is our workshop.

My wife happened to notice that one box type looked different and looked more closely at the shipping doco on the boxes.

As it happened one was not for our address.

The driver exclaimed "oh s--t sorry", and took it back to the van and brought back the correct one.

So it just shows how easily this can happen if we had signed without checking more carefully first.

Had it just been me here I would quite likely just have signed and not noticed until later.

So now we check them more closely.

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

I seem to be getting more claims for untracked large letters being "lost" than ever before. I  have never had a tracked parcel lost. ???????????????????????

It has got to be such an annoying problem that I have recently ordered some fake tracking number stickers to add to my letters. It will be interesting to see if this helps.

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

I wish buyers would understand that sellers are not responsible for Australia Post.

That's like blaming the farmer because the local restaurant didn't cook your steak right.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply