Global shipping not stated where should?

Is this right? Item number 261636534102. I thought GSP method had to be placed in the top header where postage is - not stated on this listing till you scroll much further down. Would be easy to get caught out on this one thinking it was USPS 1st class only.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Global shipping not stated where should?

@sprinklespowerpuff wrote:

Is this right? Item number 261636534102. I thought GSP method had to be placed in the top header where postage is - not stated on this listing until you scroll much further down. Would be easy to get caught out on this one thinking it was USPS 1st class only.

The GSP is definitely not offered in the listing.  I think the seller has made a mistake - either forgotten to 'tick the box' for GSP, or for this item is happy to send it 1st Class Int but has copied all the sales blurb from another listing without checking it first.  I've seen this quite a lot. ๐Ÿ™‚

On the face of it, you could buy it and the shipping details would probably come up as USPS 1st Class Int and you could go ahead and pay for it.  BUT...if I was me, I'd send a message to the seller asking for clarification re shipping before making a purchase.  If the seller really intended to sell overseas using the GSP they might want to cancel the purchase.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

They have definitely listed it as being posted with USPS first class international, regardless of what they say in their listing. If you buy that, then you should only have to pay what it costs in the listing. However, to avoid any nasty surprises, I would probably contact the seller.

Being a BIN, it would be easy just to buy and pay straight away and there's not really a lot the seller can do about it. If they decide to then send it via GSP, then they have to pay the difference.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Is this right? Item number 261636534102. I thought GSP method had to be placed in the top header where postage is - not stated on this listing until you scroll much further down. Would be easy to get caught out on this one thinking it was USPS 1st class only.

The GSP is definitely not offered in the listing.  I think the seller has made a mistake - either forgotten to 'tick the box' for GSP, or for this item is happy to send it 1st Class Int but has copied all the sales blurb from another listing without checking it first.  I've seen this quite a lot. ๐Ÿ™‚

On the face of it, you could buy it and the shipping details would probably come up as USPS 1st Class Int and you could go ahead and pay for it.  BUT...if I was me, I'd send a message to the seller asking for clarification re shipping before making a purchase.  If the seller really intended to sell overseas using the GSP they might want to cancel the purchase.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Zanadoo and Sheep. No, I won't be buying it or messaging the seller unless someone else who's a seller wants to point out her ambiguous listing. I just wanted some clarification as to what was going on as I believed GSP had to be clearly stated in postage section. Thanks again for the heads up and I hadn't thought of it being copied from another listing. More care needed methinks.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Zanadoo and Sheep. No, I won't be buying it or messaging the seller unless someone else who's a seller wants to point out her ambiguous listing. I just wanted some clarification as to what was going on as I believed GSP had to be clearly stated in postage section. Thanks again for the heads up and I hadn't thought of it being copied from another listing. More care needed methinks.

There was a US seller I came across who had a lot of dolls outfits for sale which she identified in the titles with identical very broad descriptions and just a number to tell the listings apart.  None of the photos uploaded, and when I came to reading the more detailed info....she had an old listing copied into every new one....with no amendments.  There were about 20 items for sale and it was impossible to tell what each one was.  Sheesh.

Re asking sellers about the GSP.  Just wait until you find something to like, decide to message a seller shipping by GSP to ask if they would post overseas by USPS 1st Class Int instead.....and what you get is a very nasty reply about how they don't ship internationally, so don't waste their time asking blah blah blah.  Got to love it when they don't realise they are in the GSP and all their stuff is now being offered to international buyers.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

That's a lovely, kind response I must say from that seller! Honestly, you would think these people would be grateful for your interest etc. Oh my, things are bad when they don't even know they're in the GSP loop. Like an alternate universe.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply