Going Away - Cancel listings or open a store?

Hi there,

I need to go away shortly and am wondering what my options are.

I currently have just under 200 listings.

I might be able to get someone in the family to complete any sales whilst I am away.

However if they are not able to do this am I still correct that by having auctions or BIN that I can not add a Im gone away message and can only do this is I have a store.

If I open a store - is there a time period I need to commit to? Or can I open it for a month  and then cancel it just so I can add the message that I am away to any buyers

Would all my current listings go into the store or would they count as relists / new fees etc

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Going Away - Cancel listings or open a store?

Correct, only store holders have the holiday mode.

I believe you can open a store for a month and just close it again. (Don't have a store, going by what others have said in the past)

The listings migrate across to your store with no additional fees.

However I am not sure whether you are able to use the holiday mode so soon after opening the store.

There may be a probationary period. Others may know.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Why pay $27.45 for the privilege of getting dinged for late delivery if you happen to sell anything?

If you're going away, just cancel your listings. No fuss, no muss.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Are you kidding?  Take 'em down.

You have currently 172 auctions running.

Who is answering any questions that may arise and posting that many items out?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Unless they are 'collectible' a store won't help. If you have a store any auctions will incur insertion fees, something you won't be paying if you are using the 40 per month freebies. Stores are only good for BIN, generally; auctions you pay for. Plus the store fee.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Forgot to mention, only BIN's will migrate across with no fees and most of your listings are auctions. (dave's my reminder lately) Smiley Happy

But with a store you can put holiday mode on so no-one can buy whilst your listings are still visible and can be put on watch lists.

Depending on how long you are away would determine if I would simply end listings or open a store and make all listings BIN's when relisting next month.

image host
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply