HOW DO I GET RID OF CLICK AND COLLECT ON MY LISTINGS

Somehow Click and Collect has showed up on my listings and I do not want it as I live in a rural area, how can i get rid of it from all of my listings please ?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Just sent my first item  off to a Woolies address, see what happens, , wait for the email  (  haven't received my item yet ) he he

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@dylan11235813 wrote:

It could be a good thing though if it can be used for untracked orders

Especially if Woolies kept a verifiable record of deliveries.

They would need to though wouldn't they? To notify customers of deliveries....No info given on that though.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

While the rules say that items must have tracking and be free post, in reality it doesn't work that way.  I have never registered for C&C (although I really don't see why sellers need to register, it is the buyers who will use it, and they will do so whether your listings say it is offered or not) yet I have had a handful of buyers use C&C addresses as their delivery address.  Most of these items were large letter postage and despite not being eligible, the buyers insisted I use it, and all were safely delivered.  Woollies notify the buyer when the item is received at the store, so yes, they must have  some sort of recording process.  Once the notification sms is sent to the buyer, the item is deemed delivered from the seller's viewpoint, so we can't get an INR if the buyer fails to pick up.

I have yet to use it as a customer, however I did notice when shopping the other day that when I saw the C&C option on an item and entered my postcode, my local Big W did come up as a valid pickup point, so I may give it a try next time round.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

@fairlaneltd wrote:

Just sent my first item  off to a Woolies address, see what happens, , wait for the email  (  haven't received my item yet ) he he

I've been wondering how they are addressed. Does it get sent to

Joe Bloggs

c/- Woollies

123 That St

Somewhere 1234

?

Does the buyer have to change the address, or does eBay automatically put it in there if they choose that option? I still don't know much about it and it's only recently become available in my area (I probably won't use it though). I doubt I'll ever qualify for it as a seller as only my untracked large letters have "free" postage.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

This is what a click and collect address looks like:-

Jxxxx Sxxxx

CnC Woolworths Ferntree Gully
eCP  SRE929   1038-1042 Burwood Hwy
Ferntree Gully, VIC 

Once the buyer nominates the Woolies or Big W store they want the parcel to go to ebay automatically assign the eCP code and fill in the address details.

Sellers can still access the buyers registered address in the sales record under More information about your buyer.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks Jen, I had been wondering about that.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

While an item can be sent C&C without tracking you should be aware that it is against eBay policy, and may be returned to you at your expense, along with the usual caveats - dangerous goods, less than $2000, less than 16Kg etc.

"If you do not meet the eligibility or package requirements criteria below, or are otherwise in breach of these Terms of Use, eBay may take reasonable action against you including but not limited to returning the item to you at your expense, suspending your account or destroying the packaged item

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

@jensmanchester-australia wrote:

This is what a click and collect address looks like:-

Jxxxx Sxxxx

CnC Woolworths Ferntree Gully
eCP  SRE929   1038-1042 Burwood Hwy
Ferntree Gully, VIC 

Once the buyer nominates the Woolies or Big W store they want the parcel to go to ebay automatically assign the eCP code and fill in the address details.

Sellers can still access the buyers registered address in the sales record under More information about your buyer.

I just add "woolworths" to the address.....

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Just had a C n C buyer open a dispute for an unreceived item, which was a satchel with tracking. Had been delivered to their selected Big W 10 days earlier, but Ebay still withheld payment. No one notified buyer (and buyer didn't click tracking number). My research into C n C indicated that Ebay are responsible for notifying buyer of delivery, presumably they follow tracking? My first experience of C n C buyer; not good, so I've disabled Click "n Collect.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

.. and that is why i'll never use click & collect again. it's a total shambles and unfortunately, it doesn't reflect badly on ebay - it reflects badly on you as a seller. 

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply