Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

Re: Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

We also have to remember, and be thankful for, the many unlimited fee free promotions. I managed to sell quite a few things during those promos. The whingers here seem to forget those. If they want to leave because they feel so disgruntled over having their toys taken off them, that's their business (and loss). There will always be future promos.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have had the weekend free listings for so long it felt permanent,. no i am told it will happen rotationally. but they have no idea how often that will be.

my problem is that i sell for other people that cannot do it themselves. They are well below the poverty line - like me and cannot afford a store either. these people also have mental health problems. now i will have to tell them that i cannot list their items any more. one has spoken of suicide, and this could tip him over the edge. I will have to have a medical team and an ambulance on stand by when i tell them.  So i think i have a right to be disgruntled. You don't know other people's situation, but you certainly don't mind shooting them down.

Message 91 of 203
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

We also have to remember, and be thankful for, the many unlimited fee free promotions. I managed to sell quite a few things during those promos. The whingers here seem to forget those. If they want to leave because they feel so disgruntled over having their toys taken off them, that's their business (and loss). There will always be future promos.though I br

Broadly I agree, though I think  'be thankful for' is perhaps getting a bit biblical.

Message 92 of 203
Latest reply

Suicide? Medical teams on standby? Ambulance? Give me a break. You can't be serious. Someone killing themselves over an eBay promotion ending? Cry me a river. Maybe you should call eBay and inform them of this mass suicide. I'm sure they'd love to know. What were all these long suffering people doing for fees before these promos started? Would they have killed themselves by now if the promo never existed?

Had it for so long it felt permanent? It was less than a year. Stop with the bleeding heart and get over it. You've been around, and selling for others for way more than the promo was running.

You have also been around the forums for long enough to know how people here react to the bleeding heart stories. Not our problem. If your situation is so dire, selling on eBay is not going to fix it. Here's an idea,  go and get a job if things are so tough. Very few people can survive these days on eBay alone. Maybe all the people you sell for could go get a job too. It's actually a good feeling to contribute to society.

Message 93 of 203
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

We also have to remember, and be thankful for, the many unlimited fee free promotions. I managed to sell quite a few things during those promos. The whingers here seem to forget those. If they want to leave because they feel so disgruntled over having their toys taken off them, that's their business (and loss). There will always be future promos.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have had the weekend free listings for so long it felt permanent,. no i am told it will happen rotationally. but they have no idea how often that will be.

my problem is that i sell for other people that cannot do it themselves. They are well below the poverty line - like me and cannot afford a store either. these people also have mental health problems. now i will have to tell them that i cannot list their items any more. one has spoken of suicide, and this could tip him over the edge. I will have to have a medical team and an ambulance on stand by when i tell them.  So i think i have a right to be disgruntled. You don't know other people's situation, but you certainly don't mind shooting them down.

Surely the cost of a basic store shared between all the people you sell for would not be too much of a stretch?

Put your listing prices up to help with costs.

Message 94 of 203
Latest reply

putting prices up will mean no sales, its very competitive out there and with the fee's and paypal fees its begining to not be worth it.

I've been selling on gumtree/facebook and about 1/2 my sales are here now but probally 75% of my profits comes from there so concentrating there more.

I believe Ebay will notice the difference, interesting to see the amount of listings that dropped off due to this

Message 95 of 203
Latest reply

zir170
Community Member
1st they took my auto relist up to 8 times if item doesn’t sell 2accounts one 7 years the other 3 they told me this only runs until accounts are established so ok useing the $1 FVF offer for last 3-4 months now its gone rarely do any of my items sell in 1st week majority of my items around $10 sell price i get sales on items months after 1st listed do the math fees far out weigh sale price if i were to pay but e bay still get something even if is only $1 but $1 off all items sold each week would do me nicely they are just greedy the puppets in help centre will tell you anything they all have different answers
Message 96 of 203
Latest reply

I am a long term established seller with high feedback. I don't get 8 free relists any more with auctions, I get 9. Go me!

You are calling eBay greedy because they charge fees to sell on their site. Maybe they could call you greedy because you want to make a profit on the items you sell. EBay is a business, are they not entitled to make a profit so they can stay in business? Should they give their site for free because people think they are greedy to be making a profit?

Whether you like to see it or not, you are also running a business. You like to make a profit. If you see eBay as being greedy, maybe you should list your items for cost price, so you make no profit. After all, you're only doing what eBay is doing and that is making a profit on your business. I see you as being greedy for making a profit.

Double standards are rife at the moment. Go sell on Gumtree and deal with all the tyre kickers and those who offer you 5% of your asking price. Good luck with that!

Message 97 of 203
Latest reply

zir170
Community Member
Exactly same thing here i dont try to live off my sales but they used to help pay the out of blue bills being a single dad this is very important time for big rethink
Message 98 of 203
Latest reply

zir170
Community Member
I do and if you read other comments i often lose money on low starting bids go you you get 9 more free relists would it hurt them to give more than 40 a month 10 items a week no problem paying fee when item sells if you want to turn this into personel attacks i’ll send you my address
Message 99 of 203
Latest reply

Ebay is greedy 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 100 of 203
Latest reply