Having antique clocks packed...

I was wishing to sell some antique clocks overseas but am not able to pack each clock myself. I would sell them in Australia but the market for my clocks is really overseas.

Is there a company that would pack the clock and organise overseas postage please?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Having antique clocks packed...

Try Pack and Send they do pack items and arrange  international postage.

Barrie.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks heaps Barry. I thought there had to be a company to help me that way.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Make sure your cost is factored in up front though. P&S is VERY, and I mean VERY expensive. Small packages to some overseas countries I've been quoted $200+ to send! have then posted for under $50 myself. Just be aware up front.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your reply. I will remember what you've just mentioned as very helpful.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

How big are the clocks?

Are they super fragile?

If I send something fragile i wrap items in plastic sleeve and box it suspended in packing peanuts.

Make sure to put some fragile tape on it and a this way up note.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Just make sure if you do pack them yourself to put packing all around it. I've had fragile items arrive broken, despite arriving in what initially looks like good packaging. Some people will put the item in the box, THEN put all the packaging in. Then the box gets dropped and the contents break because while they have included a lot of packaging, the item was sitting on the bottom of the box, with only a layer of cardboard between it and the outside world. Put a layer of packaging in the bottom (bubble wrap. packing peanuts, newspaper), place the bubble wrapped item on top, then add another layer of packaging over the top (and of course around the sides as well!). The most important thing is to make sure there is no movement in the box. Once you've stuffed everything in, hold the top closed and shake the box. If there is any movement whatsoever, add more packing material until you can shake it and there is absolutely no movement at all.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply