Hi is ok for someone to buy an item from me then resell (no problems with that ) but using my phot

Hi buying & reselling no problems but using my photos & my description ??

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Hi is ok for someone to buy an item from me then resell (no problems with that ) but using my

I wouldn't have a problem with that especially if it was a "one of" item, then probably not an issue.

And as long as they don't try to do again with you, then my radar would be tingling. 

BUT if it was me I would query with the seller to ask would they mind, think this is really just good manners. If the seller is smart he would say yes as the alternative is that the buyer might want to return it for whatever reason.

So by allowing the photos to be reused does save a lot of headaches for both parties.

You will have to consider all possiblilties I think, and make your decision after that. Good Luck

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Hi is ok for someone to buy an item from me then resell (no problems with that ) but using my

@Ghost - no, you'll never have an argument with me Ghostly One. Debate perhaps but not argument 🙂

And,  I bow to your knowledge and that of others. You know what you are talking about and I appreciate both the correction and the information. It's valuable.

Thank you 🙂

Melina.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

My descriptions have size colour fabric measurements in cm plus they are on a model of three different ones I have so yes I do worry somebody is too lazy to take their own photos!

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5wrote:

You can ask the seller to not use your photo's and description, especially if you are still selling a similar item.

But if it was a one of, then I wouldn't bother.

In the past eBay's function of "sell this item" in purchase history would bring up the pics n description from the original listing by that seller. Now I don't think that happens but some members may have used it in the past and think it's the norm.

So really eBay has promoted this practise.

This is still working (occasionally with pics included).

I sometimes use it as a shortcut if I don't have an old listing to revise.

The catalogue/product data etc is already done so it's just a case of entering my own title, description and uploading my pics.

Most of the time the original pics don't carry over but sometimes they do and the chances are greater of this happening on Freaky Friday or so it seems.

Things have been quite buggy lately with lots of automation rule failures among other annoyances.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply