Inviting you to suggest  any better way for  increasing  our eBay store sale

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: How To Increase Sale

@furnhouse1wrote:

Hello Mate,

Unlike the others, I know of several people who have bought their mattresses and beds online, although it wouldn't be how i would personally buy. But plenty apparently do..

I looked at your ads, they seem to have a fair bit of detail so that's not the problem.

It is also good that you have several showrooms, they seem to be in Vic though which may mean others interstate may be less inclined to buy, but it depends on the product i suppose.

My son bought a bed & a mattress set online-paid in the thousands for it but the point of difference was it could be cranked up to individual firmness on each side plus it had a full 30 day money back warranty so if they weren't happy they could exchange or get money back.

That 30 day warranty was important to them.

They ended up very happy with it & have kept it.

To me, it could be worth looking at the point of difference between your products & store bought ones-do you have any lines that are harder to get in most retails stores? If so, that may work in your favour.

That's why my son bought online-the ads convinced him it was a top quality product he could not buy elsewhere.

What are your best sellers? Maybe concentrate on those and less of those that are harder to move online.

Good luck.

Message 21 of 42
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OP needs to remove all contact info from all their listings.

Their listings have a link to 'see full description'  and details of all 4 B & M stores.

Melbournian you really need to read this link -

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SR17-1/Contact-Links

Message 22 of 42
Latest reply

@springyzonewrote:

@furnhouse1wrote:

Hello Mate,

Unlike the others, I know of several people who have bought their mattresses and beds online, although it wouldn't be how i would personally buy. But plenty apparently do..

I looked at your ads, they seem to have a fair bit of detail so that's not the problem.

It is also good that you have several showrooms, they seem to be in Vic though which may mean others interstate may be less inclined to buy, but it depends on the product i suppose.

My son bought a bed & a mattress set online-paid in the thousands for it but the point of difference was it could be cranked up to individual firmness on each side plus it had a full 30 day money back warranty so if they weren't happy they could exchange or get money back.

To me, it could be worth looking at the point of difference between your products & store bought ones-do you have any lines that are harder to get in most retails stores? If so, that may work in your favour.

That's why my son bought online-the ads convinced him it was a top quality product he could not buy elsewhere.

What are your best sellers? Maybe concentrate on those and less of those that are harder to move online.

Good luck.

A 30 day warranty on a $5000 Sleep Sense bed? Sheesh, mine has 10 years. Goes to show it's worth buying local to get the true warranty. I'd be pretty pished if I only got a 30 day warranty after forking out that amount of cash. I hope for your son's sake he has no issues with it, like the bladder exploding.

Message 23 of 42
Latest reply

I don't think he meant a 30 day warranty (which  the ACCC would have something to say about), I think he meant a 30 change of mind policy, although I think most of the other online matress sellers  offer a 60 day change of mind.

Message 24 of 42
Latest reply

I bought a mattress on-line.  But it was a Koala mattress.

120 day free trial.  Don't like it?  They'll come get it and give you your money back.

Best mattress I ever bought.   10 year warranty

Spoiler
 Haven't dared to try this

Message 25 of 42
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

Spoiler
 Haven't dared to try this

Go on Stawks, when the ankle gets better DO IT !!!!!!

I'll supply a bottle of Pinot Noir...................but "no video - didn't happen"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 42
Latest reply

@furnhouse1wrote:

Hello Mate,

offer a done delivery service,

https://youtu.be/6daEbA1jBXg

Message 27 of 42
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes*wrote:

@springyzonewrote:

@furnhouse1wrote:

Hello Mate,

Good luck.

A 30 day warranty on a $5000 Sleep Sense bed? Sheesh, mine has 10 years. Goes to show it's worth buying local to get the true warranty. I'd be pretty pished if I only got a 30 day warranty after forking out that amount of cash. I hope for your son's sake he has no issues with it, like the bladder exploding.

With my son's purchase-it wasn't a sleep sense bed. His was not a 30 day warranty. It is several years warranty. it is 30 days to use and return for full refund if you have change of mind.

I am not sure what melbourne bedding's warranties are as I didn't check the ads out that far but yes, if i paid $5000 I would want a longer warranty.

Message 28 of 42
Latest reply

@furnhouse1wrote:

Hello Mate,

In Australian culture, addressing strangers on a forum as "mate" is regarded as assumptive and over-familiar. This can be  confusing for visitors or immigrants of primarily Asian background; I think their confusion lies in the fact that they may be familiar with hierarchical societies where extreme respect is a part of the culture, and where there are levels of respect that are essential in the vocabulary chosen for a particular communication.

"Mate" as a way of addressing a person is more frequently used by males than by females; it is more frequently directed to males than to females; it may be used in casual situations rather than in formal situations; quite a few Australians do not say "G'day mate" at all.

You may find a better approach is to begin with "Hello, all" or "Hello, everyone". If addressing one person rather than many, a simple "Hello" may be all that's needed.

Re your sales, I note that you sell brands that may not be well-known or respected. For instance, Mondeo - I don't know that brand and I'm not too keen on the style or the workmanship from what I can see. Like others who have posted on this thread, I wouldn't buy a mattress without trying it out beforehand. I also don't consider a 1-year warranty to be anywhere near sufficient for a bed. I'd rather pay more for a really good mattress with a 10-year warranty and a "60 night happiness guarantee" (which refers to the mattrress giving a good and properly supported night's sleep rather than any other bed activities) than a mattress/bed which I've not tested personally, in a brand I don't know, with a 1-year warranty.

In my view, you may be able to increase your sales with a better warranty; that is going to mean dealing with manufacturers who offer a better warranty, of course.

Also, as has already been mentioned by imastawka, you need to avoid posting in a way that suggests that you're using the Community Discussion Boards as advertising. (That - plus posting the same thing several times - is what's known as spamming the boards.)

I agree with what's been said about the difficulty of selling furniture. I imagine it's one of the harder categlories in which to sell on eBay. There are so many furniture stores throughout Melbourne! I do wish you good luck with it.

Message 29 of 42
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice
Message 30 of 42
Latest reply