How are your sales?

Just wondering how your sales are going? Mine were going great and I had my best month in January, but for some reason, in the last 10 days or so, they have fallen off a cliff. 

I thought it might be a good indicator for others if people are willing to share their recent experiences and the vague category they are in? My sales down last 10 days and I am probably classed as a general category as I sell a lot of different things. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How are your sales?

Hi,

Someone recently posted that they believe you should be getting one sale per day, per hundred items you have listed, which I found interesting. I don't get this, and I am lucky to get one sale per day for the 600 items I currently have listed. 

Just wondering what ratio you generally get per day? I realize that there are many variables in this and a lot depends on the items you sell your pricing structure and many other factors. Not wanting an exact Science here, just a vague interest in if there is a loose correlation. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply

Currently zero, or thereabouts, on eBay.

On other channels sales are booming.  8 to 12 a day on a good day, sometimes 3 a day, sometimes 6 a day.

That's per about 300 items, so to properly answer your question divide the numbers by 3?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the input love_of_cars, much appreciated. It is great you are getting a good amount of sales on other platforms. 

I started selling on another big platform in December which has helped somewhat. I also do agree with those that say that regularly listing new items seems to increase sales. I had my best month in January after being quite aggressive in listing new stock. I need to look into other platforms too. Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

1 per 100 sounds about right and half this for clothing sellers so 1 per 200.  Item quality makes a difference and so does regular listing.  

As far as how often to list I am still on the fence. But if you want to sell 10 items a day then if you list 10 per day at some point you should reach the amount of listings needed to do this. 

I just keep an eye on my page views and impressions to see if I am getting enough traffic.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the input EOL. From my limited experience the regular adding of listings does indeed seem to work as others have suggested. I agree on the page views and impressions. I think also having regular sales or promotions as I have done since getting the basic store has also helped to drive more traffic. Thanks again. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I'm guessing January is good for you as more people was on holiday. February they're back.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Last year was averaging 3 sales per day and we have approx 300 items listed. In January dropped to 2 sales in the whole month, in Feb had just 1 sale. Same items same prices. I dont know what has happened on ebay in 2023 but at this rate will need cancel our selling account since just not worth the effort.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@japatech wrote:

Last year was averaging 3 sales per day and we have approx 300 items listed. In January dropped to 2 sales in the whole month, in Feb had just 1 sale. Same items same prices. I dont know what has happened on ebay in 2023 but at this rate will need cancel our selling account since just not worth the effort.

If your listings are buy it now, refresh your listings. Click the box on your selling page to select all listings, then click edit. On the next screen, click the top box to select all and then submit. You don't need to change anything in the edit, but it refreshes your listings. I don't know if there's a limit to how many items you can bulk edit, so you may have to do it over 2 goes. Less than a minute. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I can do 2000 in one hit.

I do it every time postage goes up.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply