How can i list my item without having to use pay pal..I

Tryning to list an item have put Bank Deposit and Cash on delivery as an option. I don't wan't to use PAY PAL but it keeps saying To list this item, you need to accept PayPal or other approved electronic payments as a payment method.Can anyone help pls

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

The only way you can not have paypal as a payment option is if you list either merchant credit card or paymate as a payment option.

Why not have paypal as buyers feel safer to pay with that as there is no protection with bank deposit.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Cash on delivery is an expensive Aus Post service unsuitable for ebay transactions, are you intending using that or do you really want pay on pick up?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

as a new seller with no transactions on your record you must offer paypal as one payment option

once yu are a recognised seller with a certain number of transactions you can offer PayMate or Credit Card facility (if you're a business and have c/cards), or Paypal  (you must always , except in the case of motor vehicles, offer ONE of those three options)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Well there's no way I will use that sh*ty PayPal ever again so I guess eBay will have to do without me.

If PayPal makes you feel safe, your very wrong.
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Bye Bye then. Don't come back to complain when you are ripped off by a direct deposit, or no-one will buy anything off you because you don't offer a safe way of paying and they are concerned that you might rip them off.

Did you check to see how old this thread is before you commented?

Latest reply

@ijkparimeul wrote:
Well there's no way I will use that sh*ty PayPal ever again so I guess eBay will have to do without me.

If PayPal makes you feel safe, your very wrong.

Said with all the experience of 3 years on ebay.

When I looked at your listings earlier you had 3 items listed....you now have 7.....all offering paypal.

Somehow I doubt that Australia Post is going to deliver your chair or the windsurfing gear....I suggest you change your delivery methods before someone buys them and expects you to honour your delivery methods.

You are also asking for trouble by listing the boat PLANS with just pictures of finished product.   Those listings are open to Not As Described claims.

Paypal does make me feel safe.....I have been using it for many years since long before it was bought by ebay and have never had a problem that was not easily fixed by a simple phone call.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

I don't think paypal was ever introduced just to make the sellers safe, it makes it safer for the buyer.

From a seller's point of view, having a direct deposit into a bank account was probably nicer-no fees and then post at leisure (or for some bad seller's not at all), nothing the buyer could do about it.

As a buyer, I would not buy on ebay any more unless I could pay via paypal. That is, unless it was a pick up item, then I would tend to pay cash.

I never thought to check out your listings till I saw lyndal's post but she is right-advertising the boat plans with a photo of the completed boat is misleading. People might think they are getting the boat plus the plans that go with it. I know that might be people who don't read the ads properly but there are a few around and they could easily claim your ad was confusing.

Also, if I were in your shoes, I am not so sure I would be offering international postage to everywhere. It's your call of course, you are the seller, but you seem to be worried about safe transactions and I can see that (for a seller) some of the locations you send to might be a bit risky with quite a bit for you to lose on postage if the whole deal goes pear shaped with item not as described, item not received etc

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I don't think paypal was ever introduced just to make the sellers safe, it makes it safer for the buyer.

From a seller's point of view, having a direct deposit into a bank account was probably nicer-no fees and then post at leisure (or for some bad seller's not at all), nothing the buyer could do about it.

As a buyer, I would not buy on ebay any more unless I could pay via paypal. That is, unless it was a pick up item, then I would tend to pay cash.

I never thought to check out your listings till I saw lyndal's post but she is right-advertising the boat plans with a photo of the completed boat is misleading. People might think they are getting the boat plus the plans that go with it. I know that might be people who don't read the ads properly but there are a few around and they could easily claim your ad was confusing.

Also, if I were in your shoes, I am not so sure I would be offering international postage to everywhere. It's your call of course, you are the seller, but you seem to be worried about safe transactions and I can see that (for a seller) some of the locations you send to might be a bit risky with quite a bit for you to lose on postage if the whole deal goes pear shaped with item not as described, item not received etc

$250 to post a gaming chair to Bolivia............Thats got " tears before bedtime " written all over it.........Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I am sick of scammers on PayPal - that’s why I don’t want to use it

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply