How can we compete

Hi

How do we compete with a seller who sells at a loss, I purchased a pair of earrings to see how they package/post them, cost $1.99 aud, when the earrings arrived, the postage was $2.20 aud add ebay fees onto that your looking at maybe $2.50 aud so they losing $0.50 per sale, there is no way I can compete, and they have over 10,000 listings on ebay with 195k items sold, i checked their feedback history and most people buying the $1.99 earrings and not the more expensive to even out the so called sales. Ebay stated that they have other accounts with more expensive items to even out the sales......again how is this fair to the rest of us??

They litterly have a monopoly so why should I sell on ebay and is this happening with other items??

How can we compete with this????

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How can we compete

I think you have a legitimate question......HOW DO WE COMPETE? Sometimes we cant, and no, it's NOT a fair playing ground. The Chinese get assistance from their government re postage, and this is world-wide.....you will find that if you go onto other eBay forums (USA, UK, Canada etc) we all have the same complaints. I don't know what the answer is, but it is NOT a level playing field 💩

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

How can we compete

Are they registered in China? Or drop shippers?

Message 2 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

I have no idea, they do have a shop in Moorabin. But regardless of how they are doing this it is not a level playing field and ebay should put a stop to it

Message 3 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

It tells you on the seller's feedback page where they are registered

And the feedback comments would give a pretty good idea if they are dropshipping and not mentioning it in the listing

eBay are not about to make things 'fair for everyone'

It never has been

never will be 

Message 4 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

you can see where they're registered by looking at their feedback

Message 5 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

Can you give us an item number.

Message 6 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

Message 7 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

They also have their own website, where they charge the correct amout of post/fees

Ebay needs to fix this

Message 8 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

Message 9 of 88
Latest reply

How can we compete

they look like drop-shippers with lots of red f/b for sub-standard items.....they would have a few 'loss-leaders' like the 2 big supermarkets, to get you to store-shop in bulk....maybe the earring were 'free' to them for buying X amount??

Message 10 of 88
Latest reply