How did I ever live life without FotoFuze!

OMG - I heard about this browser based application the other day and used it recently for a new range of pin cushions I'm putting out.

Almost all of my items are currently photographed on a generic base, but sometimes I just want everything in the background removed so that the focus is on the product. I thought it would be good to try with these pin cushions - all you have to do is use the magic highlighter to select your product and shadow and 'voila' - it removes all the background. Takes 30 seconds.

Anyway, if you're looking for something fast and free, give it a whirl.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are you talking about this listing? Oversized Mixed Mexican Fabric Pin Cushion. From Australia

It looks very nice, I might give it a try myself.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, that's the one.

I've done a few other items this afternoon which I have yet to list, but I'm really finding it a handy little tool.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Definitely! Amazon requires all main pictures to be of pure white background (just like Optus with their staff), so it is definitely handy.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Actually, it was one of the reasons that stopped me from applying to "Amazon Handmade", as years ago I used to use GIMP to remove the backgrounds and I absolutely HATE that programme. The items always looked flat and horrible and I'm just not skilled enough to know how to get a better result.

This way they have a nice shadow and look waaaaay better.

LOL - Optus.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I'll double your OMG - thankyou soooo much.

Had never heard of the program - just fuzed my first pic and it makes the item POP!!!!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Great tip about the program. I do a fair bit of work on photobooks, family history and I can see the use of the program for some photos in that.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply