How do I put a note at the top of my listings advising buyers I will be away

grumshubby
Community Member

How do I put a note at the top of my listings advising buyers I will be away ?

I haven't sold anything on ebay for many years and ebay has changed much since then but nowI  have a few items to sell however I can't seem to find how to put up a notice on all my listings advising customers that I will be away.

I have revised all my items and typed in large red type on all listings of my away date and return date but would like to know how to do it using less time ( it took me quite a while to review the listings ).

I have seen it on other peoples listiings near the top of page but have no idea how to do it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I put a note at the top of my listings advising buyers I will be away

If you have an eBay Store, you can place your Store on holiday while you're away. Learn how to use Store holiday settings.

But you could do this:

Sending out of office replies

If you're going on holiday or not planning to check your email for a while, use the out of office reply to notify other members who try to contact you. When you create an out of office reply, any email you receive will be replied to with the message you create.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How do I put a note at the top of my listings advising buyers I will be away

You can put a store into Holiday mode, but with normal listings, I would end them and re-list when I got back if I was going to be away for longer than a week or so.

If there is no internet available where you are going (so you can check and reply to questions etc) this would be the safest thing to do.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply, yep, " Holiday Mode " is a better description than I used !!

So, how do I find where to " Holday Mode " my items ??

I will have access to internet whilst I'm on holidays to moniter and answer questions.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Holiday mode is only for store holders as I understand it.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

OK,thanks,  can anyone confirm that please ?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yes it is. How many confirmations would you like? Given you obbviously don't have the option.

Just end them. They can't be running for longer than 10 days anyway, so instead of editing them....

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

If you have an eBay Store, you can place your Store on holiday while you're away. Learn how to use Store holiday settings.

But you could do this:

Sending out of office replies

If you're going on holiday or not planning to check your email for a while, use the out of office reply to notify other members who try to contact you. When you create an out of office reply, any email you receive will be replied to with the message you create.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks 2106greencat , clarry100 and curraone for your helpful replies...........

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

You're welcome.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply