How do you get any help from ebay when you have technical issues????

Don't usually post here, but have found myself at the end of my tether after over 4 weeks of contacting my supposedly "dedicated" anchor store contact centre and sending at least half a dozen messages which have all been ignored.  Have been having errors appear when updating listings and when trying to relist, along the lines of " an internal error has occurred try back later".  Its probably affecting about 30 items right now some of which have reached zero stock level and whilst I have more stock here I cant update the numbers, it wont let me relist either says its a duplicate and these are only the items I know of.  Frustrated beyond belief and today some call centre in the phillipines just made it so much worse, once again had to repeat the story and show the errors and was assured it has been sent to the technical department.  When I asked to speak to a supervisor because I really feel the service is now below par and all I was wanting was some assistance beyond "yes we have told our technical department and no we cant tell you how long', got told by Elija that he was infact the supervisor and that my frustration would not be addressed further than with him today yet again!!!!!  I am really grumpy with this lack of support, I pretty much do everything ebays way all of the time to keep good feedback and seller satisfaction, yet ebay seems to treat thier loyal customers ( the sellers) with utter contempt.  I have no issue following the rules of thier site but surely I could expect abit of service in return when things go wrong on their end??? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do you get any help from ebay when you have technical issues????

I can't comment on your technical queestions & yes eBay are certainly not very helpful. You have done the right thing asking to speak to a supervisor. I'd just keep trying & eventually you might get a person who can actually help.

As a sideline, I see you currently have approx 1300 listings.

I'm wondering if you'd be better off with a 'featured store' (which now comes with 1500 free listing per month) instead of an 'anchor store'.

The featured store is $54.95 per month (with slightly higher FVFs) versus $549.95 per month for an anchor store.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

To be quite honest one of those things I've been meaning to do the figures on but it seems I need to waste too much time trying to get issues sorted, but thanks for reminding me, aster 2 further messgaes and another call today still no joy on getting help from ebay though so perhaps I should consider options for trading elsewhere, so much so for loyalty!!!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

To clearancebazaar ...
Are you using the inventory function of selling manager pro?
We found that when a divergence between an active listing and the inventory template occurs that these kind of errors begin to show up.
So we have started deleting the inventory entries and this quite often clears the errors.
In the past we have tried to get eBay technical help on this with the same frustrating results as you have seen. So thru experimentation I have figured out the above solution.
I would also second the opinion given above about dropping down a store level too.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You can get round the duplicate listing message by just adding a random letter to the title, make it a scheduled listing then go in and end the original listing before revising the new one to remove the letter and start straight away.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

In the words of eBay China support ... Rotsa Ruck !!

Seriously though, Elija is one of the more sensible ones and does seem to have more clout than the others but if he doesn't help then you may be better putting your grievance publicly on their facebook page. That often seems to get a quicker & more favourable reaction.

If you really want to get your complaint noticed, then put it in as a comment on their most recent advertising post on the FB page.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@clearancebazaar1 wrote:

To be quite honest one of those things I've been meaning to do the figures on but it seems I need to waste too much time trying to get issues sorted, 

You can use eBay's Fee Illustrator tool to get a good idea of which store package would be the most economical.

http://www.fees.ebay.com.au/feeweb/feecalculator

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Regarding dropping down a store level as mentioned in this post.

If you have an anchor store your store fees would be approx $6600 per year.

A featured store would cost $660 per year.

The anchor store has 1% lower (than the featured) FVFs on sale price/postage.

Assuming you don't ever have more than 1500 listings per month (now free for featured store) you would need to be making over $594,000 per year in sales & postage to warrant having an anchor store.

Your 1% saving on this amount ($594.000) on the FVFs would be $5940 per year.

Anything under that & you will be unecassarily paying higher fees.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply