How is this even possible?

A buyer purchased a PC. Newbie with only 1 feedback. Over the course of the first 24 hours we received many messages from him asking about various things, upgrades etc. Often 3 or 4 messages in the space of 10 minutes or so, asking why we were ignoring him. Anyway, I sent out the item, a PC worth $957. After a couple of days he messaged saying he contacted Australia Post and he wasn't happy with the delivery timeframe and wanted a refund (he lives on Norfolk Island). He also started a return. I said that once we received the return I would refund. I then received a message from Ebay saying the buyer has asked them to step in an help. This morning I received a message saying they'd decided in the buyers favour and issued a full refund.

So, I am now without the item and the money. I lost the FVF and Ad fee, and now have a strike for case closed without seller resolution. The buyer also left neg feedback. 
I have been on chat with Ebay this morning and as I'm sure many will be familiar, it is like talking to a brick wall.

Any suggestions on anything that can be done here?
I really feel like I might be done with Ebay after this.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Is there no link to appeal the decision in the email you received?

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Yes, I sent an appeal this morning but I have no confidence whatsoever that anything will be done.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

The neg states they paid by bank transfer.

If this is true, then they are not covered by the Money Back Guarantee.

Ebay has gone against it's own policies.

Upload this info to the appeal.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Yes, they asked to pay for the upgrades via transfer, however the initial purchase was paid through Ebay checkout using paypal or whatever. So unfortunately I don't think this action will work.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

And you will probably cop a $22 dispute resolution fee.

Was the item shipped within your handling time, with tracking uploaded and 1 tracking event recorded,

if so you should be covered by seller protection.

One problem I can see, is it appears the upgrades may not have been an ebay transaction, and ebay does not

like extra sales add-ons being made outside  of ebay, the fact that extras may have been arranged via ebay messages is irrelevant if ebays extra fees were not paid.

As for your appeal, I really hope you have not wasted it, you only get one and at the time the appeal is made it must include new evidence, otherwise it will be automatically declined.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

At this point the $22 dispute fee is neither here no there. I do agree with you about the appeal, I feel now looking back that I should have included more information.
I received an email from Ebay asking me to provide the proof of delivery. It's like they have no idea what they are doing or even read the information provided.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Throw everything you've got at that appeal.

An appeal MUST have new information to have a chance of success.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

How could he start a return before receiving the item (just a couple of days after the item was posted) because he was not happy with the delivery timeframe? I guess this is what you mean with "how is it even possible".

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Did you upload the tracking number into the dispute?

If not, that would explain the dispute closing automatically in buyer’s favour.

It’s essential that you provide evidence of the delivery. Died the tracking show that the item was delivered?

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply