How to report a bad seller account be careful for those low rate seller . A painful experience .

jaani70
Community Member

Hi ebay shoppers ,

I had recently deal with an extremely seller lately.

I had brought a cheap Mp3 in around $30AUD, which is not a big deal and for the purpose of taking voice note only.

The item arrived on time as listed , but very unfortunate that the item was actually not function and it looks like it is totally faulty .

Then nightmare started .

I had simply sent an email to the seller , to tell them about this , at first , their listing saying is IN SYDNEY , so I was thinking that if I can just post it back and get a new replacement to them .

Then drams started .

Their first response are saying that they are willing to sent me a new one , I then happy to go, but in a few days time , I asked for an tracking number , then they told me that I have to wait 45 days for the replacement .

I then rejected the offer of replacement , I go for a full refund and will post it back the item to them for fair .

Then , they start playing games , at the third email they response , they only willing to refund 20% of the cost and told me to keep the faulty item.

I rejected , I make it very clear about I am not asking for a discount buying , I need to spend money to buy something aren’t faulty .

Then , their fourth email saying that they can refund 30% to me .

And so on , I still make it very Clare to them , I need a 100% full refund.

Then , after a week , they come back to me saying that they can do 50% refund and sent me a new one , I then rejected it , I want 100% refund.

After 20 emails backwards and forwards , I design to use PayPal to step in for a solution .

And all in sudden , they sent me ebay emails to repeat all the OFFER from them , started from 20% of refund to 50% of refund .

I feel like I am talking to a AI .

Then after 20 days , I had finally leave them a negative comment , then finally they sent me an email saying that they willing to offer 50% refund and sent me a replacement , but before they do this, they wanted me to change the negative comment to positive , if not , they will not process , they are saying that my negative comment are harming their business rating , **bleep**??

I then still make it clear that I leave it to PayPal , if they are not willing to give 100% refund , PayPal will take action.

AND after almost 30days till now , they finally response to PayPal …..but given me a CHINESE address in China .

That means I have to paid a postage to overseas and at the same time , they did not provide me an English address , so it shows on PayPal that I am not willing to process the postage return .

And the postage from Sydney to China is costing me $29 at min , where the item original cost only$30.

SO therefore after all times and effort , they seller is playing a good game , because end of the day , no one will have the energy to deal with these and will leave it .

Below is the conversation I had with the scummy seller.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: How to report a bad seller account be careful for those low rate seller . A painful experience .

Was there any reason for not opening an item not as described dipsute when you discovered it was faulty ?

It shows the seller is regiestered in Philippines and they have terrible feedback

Yes, it is very common sellers like this play games which is why you do not play along with them, but open the dipsute and ignore the seller's 'offers' or 'promises' 

As the buyer you have all the power, not to support sellers like this up front, but also to use the tools eBay provide to get yoyr money back, without having to go back and forth a dozen times over

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: How to report a bad seller account be careful for those low rate seller . A painful experience .

Sorry, forgot to say

You can also report them for feedback extortion 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you , yea , the problem is I did tried to open a case in Ebay first , but they given me an address in non english and not willing to paid the postage cost , to that's why I try on PayPal . 

But i might just too naive , they list the item and said that is from sydney ( i assume somehow it will show on listing in the same location of buyer views ) 

So now , i really don't know what to do , may be just go and post the parcel back to the given CHINA address , and back claim them for postage fees . which is costing $29AUD postage fees . Arent this stupid ....

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

The feedback page shows where the buyer is registered, in this case it says Singapore

It is important to check the feedback page of anyone before buying, as the seller can SAY the item itself is anywhere

But where they are registered  + feedback indicating that they have a habit of posting from overseas is far more important and means you (or any buyer) is not supporting a scammer (such as those who lie about where they send from, or those who sell faulty or fake items)

When you opened the item not as described case, did eBay instruct you to return it to the seller? 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you very much with your kind comment . 

Yea from my shopping experience on ebay, i try to be kind at the very first beggining . So i did contact the seller first , then moving foward with all those rediculous responses they given me , I had try to work with ebay for returing the item for a full refund. 

But what ebay provided me is >>> seller provid return address which the seller did not provided it . 

So after another section of time spend with the seller , they keep talking about parts refund xyz , I then go for PayPal . 

From memory , PayPal play stronger authority to protect buyer , which PayPal had forced them to agree with the 100% refund . 

End up , seller given me a CHINESE address in Chinese writing , so therefore I have to post to China. Then it become a totally different picture , it cost $29 AUD to post the parcel back , althought i can ask PayPal to force them paid for the postage fees and i will sure process it , and to share how scammy with any seller below 99% positive feedback can be. 

I am hoping all ebay shoppers can be aware of any seller who had lower then 99% positive feedback on ebay. 

They seem like run the same formatt of scam selling . 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

99.5% is the recommended level for a high volume seller.

And never let them string you along.

For future reference, an eBay case will generally require the seller to provide return shipping, or pay for it if overseas. BUT you have to do it all through the case.

Paypal, on the other hand, require the buyer to pay for the return, unless the buyer has signed up for Paypal's return postage subsidy ($46, I believe) BEFORE opening the case.

I suspect you've done your $29 and will only be getting your initial payment refunded, if that. It would probably have been cheaper to accept the 50% refund. Provided the seller actually refunded and didn't string you along past cutoff dates.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If you have signed up with PayPal's return postage refunds, make sure you take a photo of the package before sending clearly showing the return address and a photo of the postage receipt. You will need to upload these in your postage refund claim.

If you haven't signed up, try signing up before posting the item, I think one of my girls opened a return case and before sending the parcel back signed up for the return postage and was able to claim it back.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

this seller had blow my mind .... Crazy. 

I now heading to post it back to them, i will choose the most expensive postage , so a lesson for them . 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@jaani70 wrote:

this seller had blow my mind .... Crazy. 

I now heading to post it back to them, i will choose the most expensive postage , so a lesson for them . 

Why would you do that? You won't be refunded the postage cost, so no lesson to the seller. Just more out of pocket for you.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply