I am confused, new buyer protection

raffta1
Community Member

Ok, I will admit I am a bit confused with the buyers protection policy. Yes I have read it, however I do have trouble with understanding some things. Now I know the whole posting and receiving the item is an issue and I have to prove the buyer got the item, ok, this will mean I will be using the signature on delivery method only, and this will be added into the item cost. 

The other thing I am confused on is the money back guarantee that ebay has enforced. I only sell stuff that I have around my home that I no longer need pr want. Some of these items many still be news with tags and/or never opened.

I do not run a business or have a business.

I do not offer a return policy or accept them (I have on the occasion when it was my fault, but only after a discussion with the buyer). 
I also do not offer a warranty only my items as I am not a retailer or business.
I am in Australia, so what Australian law covers me?

So were do I stand in this money back guarantee thing? I have read on some boards that this policy in part may not apply to me as I do sell second hand goods.

If that’s the case, I am looking for correct wording (law and/or legislation) that I may be able to add to my descriptions as a disclaimer, so that the buyers are also aware. And if an issue does arise I know the legal terms to use with ebay. Like I said I struggle with writing and understanding things I read, and more so if it’s a long document with a lot of legal wording.

I just need a simple explanation, if anyone can help I would be most grateful. It may even help other sellers like me. 
Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Ok, I that seems fair in the instance as item not described.

But as I sell second hand goods (from around my home), they can not return the item for any other reason? (not described yes)
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

If you have a no returns policy that is correct (unless you agree to it).

This does not mean that some buyers may not try to say an item is not as described to try and get around a no returns policy.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks, I will just make sure I am extra careful with descriptions and photo's
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply