I am not getting Bids

Why am i Getting Watchers and No Bids on MY items???

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I am not getting Bids

That is the nature of ebay nowadays. People are more inclined to buy items that are listed BIN at competitive prices. I purchsed 100 bigger phone dibbers (as I call them) than yours from alliexpress for only a dollar more than you are charging for 2!  If  you are going to try and compete with sellers who carry thousands of dollars worth of stock you are in for a shock I am afraid.

Did you bother to do a completed items search for the items you are listing to see how much they sold for? That should be your first action.

You have zero feedback, you should at least buy some things so you are not showing a donut.

Research the items you want to sell, if they are new items probably better to list them as BINs for 30 days, the only things that still consistently sell with auction format are collectibles and some second hand clothing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

get ready for more views and maybe watchers now that you have posted here on the boards.

I looked at your listings to see what you were selling.  I did an eBay search using some of the words in your stylus listing title and found this listing from a seller in China:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-Metal-Touch-Stylus-Pen-For-Cellphone-Tablet-iPhone6-iPad5-Samsung-HTC...

For less than $2 I could buy 10 of the stylus that look identical to the ones in your listing.

Doing an online search I found some on AliExpress.  I could buy 100 of the stylus for around US$7 with free shipping.  At current exchange rates that works out at around Aus10c each one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100Pcs-Universal-Metal-Touch-Screen-Stylus-Pen-For-iPad-For-iPhone-F...

You may may find it hard to compete with Asian sellers of similar/same products.  You may sell the odd one here and there, but sales are likely to be very slow as you are competing with sellers who ship for free out of Asia.

I did do a reverse image search on the ear rings you have listed as I suspected you are using a stock image, the search yielded a lot of results with Asian sellers priced significantly lower than you.

I hope you haven't overcommitted yourself by buying thousands of these two items thinking you could sell them all and make a large profit. Remember that there are eBay fees, PayPal fees, and tax due on sales of items you buy for resale.  

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

I forgot to mention that views of items resulting from posting on these boards very rarely result in sales.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

You've got what could be considered a high price on low priced items. If you haven't bought too many of these things already, do some searching around on eBay and see where there is a market. Stay away from anything that is mass produced in China, because you can be assured they will sell them for next to nothing with free postage. If you're buying them for next to nothing to resell, you can be assured that other buyers are buying them for next to nothing too and won't give yours a second glance.

Just FYI, your beer mug will be a bit more than $7 to post. I would be upping the postage cost to at least $8, to cover postage and fees on postage that eBay charge. If it weighs over 500g packed, then it's going to cost a great deal more again. Check the Aust Post postage calculator.

The earrings, you have them listed as having Amethyst. Where is the Amethyst? You need to ditch the stock photo and take them yourself and that way you can show the different components so buyers can see what they are getting. You've put that the main stone is Amethyst, it looks like the glass crystals are the main stones, so you may want to adjust your item specifics.

You also have postage listed as a 500g satchel. I can tell you now that a 500g satchel is going to cost way more than $3. They are somewhere around the $8.15 mark (it's been awhile since I've used them so not sure if the price is correct).

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

It looks as if you may already have taken some tips for your ads. I did have a look at your items. I can tell you this much: the media from time to time make out you can sell anything on ebay & rake in a small fortune. I used to sell years ago when ebay had more of the online market and things were easier for sellers but even then all the media hype was not true at all. It wasn't easy to sell some items.

It's going to depend a lot on what you actually have available to sell. If I were you, I would check if there is already a lot of it on ebay and at what prices. People will sometimes buy from an aussie seller in preference to one from China & pay a little more because they anticipate they will get it much faster that way. But not always.

If you're going to sell an item the Chinese sellers have, it would be useful to have some point of difference that you highlight in the ad. Maybe a much higher quality item or whatever.

People watch ads for a lot of reasons. I have about 3 pages of watched items & I am not planning on buying any of them. When i was selling, I would save items that were similar to my own, just to see how they went & even to compare how they worded things. Not that I copied their ads but sometimes they had an alternative name or descriptive term for it that I had not thought of.

Sometimes I watch ads just in case I might like to buy them as a gift later. Sometimes I just save them to see lots of alternatives or to show family members. Some of your watchers might just be other sellers with similar products who want to see if you sell any at those prices.

Who knows. All I know is I bought a (second hand) food processor a while back for $50. That was the starting price with a Buy it now of $160. There were about 18 watchers & I anticipated the price would go up beyond my initial $50 bid. But it didn't. Not one of those other 17 watchers bid. So... you're not the only seller whose watchers don't turn into bidders.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

Darn it OP you will need  to get ready for the 21 day hold on your funds if you do eventually sell.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

I just took another look at your stylus listing again to see if I could add to responses you have already received on this thread.

What I did notice this time were the listings being advertised by eBay below your listing under the heading "People who viewed this item also viewed"

IMG_0257.JPG

Very hard to make sales when eBay promotes your competitors on the same page that shows your listing . . . . . . especially when one of the items they are promoting is for 8 stylus with a B-I-N price of just $1 with free postage.

Welcome to the world of selling on eBay . . . . . . many others share your pain.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

Main stone in the earrings still reads as  'amethyst'  though

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I am not getting Bids

Wow, you're right. I had only had a quick look at the title, not the fine details.

I would have a problem with that ad in that I very much doubt there is any genuine amethyst stone there at all, main or secondary. Not for $7.

There's nothing there that is even an amethyst colour.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply