I asked Ebay to take me off a promotion and they didn't now i have to $500 in fees

There was a promotion made by ebay in March which i accepted which gave customers 20% of your items. Right after i accepted i realised that i will have to pay half the 20% fee myself so i emailed them back to say i want to be cancelled off the promotion. They didn't respond back to me so i contacted Ebay and they told me they can't help me with this promotion and that i have to email them myself. But i told them they aren't responding to me. The promotion must have been delayed because of covid because i realised they only did it in May. Now I've been struck with a $500 fee because of this. 

How can this be fair? I emailed them several times to take me off this promotion with no response. And the only way to contact them is to email them. Honestly feel like I've been robbed here. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I asked Ebay to take me off a promotion and they didn't now i have to $500 in fees

Email is not the only way to contact, and is by far the most useless way to contact eBay

Emailing eBay will rarely get a reply, *if* there is one, it is bot generated and usually nothing to do with the question ask

I very much doubt your emails were ever seen by human eyes

Although the call center has been closed for several weeks due to Coronavirus, Live Chat has been available

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: I asked Ebay to take me off a promotion and they didn't now i have to $500 in fees

By accepting the promotion you entered into a contract.  Anyone who enters into a contract should thoroughly read the terms BEFORE they agree to them.  I doubt ebay would be legally obliged to allow you to terminate said agreement/contract just because you were negligent in reading the terms properly.  How is it fair on the other party if you agree to something and then want to back out?

Are you able to increase your prices?  That'd be one way to reduce your losses.  As ebay are paying for half of the discount the buyers would still be getting a better deal than previously.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply