I have had four cancellations in the last week, anyone else having this issue?

I have had four people cancal sales on me in the last week,

Twice it was because they didnt want to travel to pickup the item.

The other two times it was because they had some family drama? UHUH.

Anyway I was wondering if this was just happening to me?

I have also had the lowest bids on my items I have ever had, it seems people want everything for nothing on ebay atm.

Anyway was just curious if this is happening to anyone else.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have had four cancellations in the last week, anyone else having this issue?

@thomasandlisa1968 wrote:

I have also had the lowest bids on my items I have ever had, it seems people want everything for nothing on ebay atm.

Not picking on you thomas..;  but your listings do first appear as "free postage" instead of pick up only -  it is not until the buyer clicks in the listing that it changes - this is because if you want to list as pick up only, you have to do it in a special convulated way

I have attached some old posting notes which may be of use

PICKUP ONLY

The "proper" way to list is somewhat hidden, (that is, a seller generally has to see and click a link to open up a window for more options, then add the local pick-up only as an option, then save the option, then select it in the postage section - which removes all other postage options - and submit the listing that way. Only then will search results say "Free; local pick-up only).

@digital*ghost 7/7/14:  In order to have these listings display in search results correctly, the seller has to click 'add or remove options', select no postage - local pick up only as an added extra, then save so it becomes available to choose in the listing form. As there is already a pick up option that's selectable, many don't even realise that it isn't quite what it's intended for, so wouldn't even consider looking for other options.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: I have had four cancellations in the last week, anyone else having this issue?

Don't accept any more cancellations.......

Wait 4 days open NPB dispute and close it 4 days later, this will get your fees back, you are free to relist and the buyers get strikes.

Set your blanket blocks to guard against the habitual tyrekickers, and manually add the buyers who have cancelled up to now to your BBL.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@thomasandlisa1968 wrote:

Not picking on you thomas..;  but your listings do first appear as "free postage" instead of pick up only -  it is not until the buyer clicks in the listing that it changes - this is because if you want to list as pick up only, you have to do it in a special convulated way

I have attached some old posting notes which may be of use

PICKUP ONLY

The "proper" way to list is somewhat hidden, (that is, a seller generally has to see and click a link to open up a window for more options, then add the local pick-up only as an option, then save the option, then select it in the postage section - which removes all other postage options - and submit the listing that way. Only then will search results say "Free; local pick-up only).

@digital*ghost 7/7/14:  In order to have these listings display in search results correctly, the seller has to click 'add or remove options', select no postage - local pick up only as an added extra, then save so it becomes available to choose in the listing form. As there is already a pick up option that's selectable, many don't even realise that it isn't quite what it's intended for, so wouldn't even consider looking for other options.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I would do this if I have attempted to communicate with the buyer about non-payment and not received any response from them.

However, I am wary of going down the NPB route these days, if the buyer has REQUESTED a cancellation. The new policies fully support the buyer now, if they have a change of mind, for practically any reason.

A NPB dispute could result in a disgruntled buyer paying for an item that they don't really want, and then awarding the seller neg feedback when the transaction is complete, and also giving poor DSRs, as a retaliatory measure !!

Sure if the buyer doesn't respond with payment to the NPB case, you will get fees back and be able to relist.

I prefer, if the buyer wants to cancel, to agree to it and request a cancellation by going to the Resolution Centre and giving as the reason for the cancellation 'the buyer changed their mind". I've always thought it was ridiculous that even if its the buyer who wants the cancellation, the seller has to request it.

Then you get a message from ebay that begins: "Good news!! The buyer of your item has agreed to a cancellation of this transaction !" . . .as if it was YOUR idea in the first place. . .irritating !! But at least by this method you do not risk negative feedback, you get your fees back and of course you do not get any low DSRs from the buyer or ebay.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

But with a cancellation, they can still trash your feedback and stars if they want to, even after they have accepted the cancellation. Most people wouldn't bother, but some might just because they can. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

That is true, I havent had it happen yet but I am expecting it sometime.

I was abrupt with the last person to cancel only because three other people had done so during the last week.

But if it happens, then it happens, I am becoming dissalusioned with ebay of late.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for your help ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for helping ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

This may be the reason, so I will take your advice and look at these help hints, thank you for helping me ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, me too.

1. Buyers buy a letter but did not inform me which one,  even when I asked them repeatedly

2. buyers buy one letter but in the note want many!

3. buyers buy one size but they want much bigger!

4. buyers buy a colour, size or font I do not have.

I understand most times they made a mistake, as buyer I did this kind of mistakes too, but when I asked them which letter or if they prefer refund they could reply to me.

The problem is that they could give to me a negative feedback!

I think the ebay system is not very helpful on cancelation .issue.

1. I asked for support  but the link they gave to me was broken, dead.

2. there is the advice :

Go to My eBay > Sold and locate the item.

In the More actions drop-down menu, select Cancel this order.

Choose a reason for the cancellation and follow the on-screen instructions.

I did it but I did not find the Cancel order option, many other options but not cancel, did I do something wrong about it?

3. There is an other way but it writes if I can not complete the order, but if I do this way it is like I accept, indirectly, responsibilities for buyers mistakes. I CAN NOT COMPLETE THE ORDER OF CAUSE BUYER'S MISTAKE! THIS IS THE TRUTH!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply