I'm after some info please!

5kazam
Community Member

I have two accounts with eBay.  One I run through Chrome and the other through Firefox.

The issue is with the Firefox one.  If I want to revise an item, or do anything other than 'sell similar', I'm continually asked to sign in. I type in the correct password, and I get an 'oops that not a match'.  Did a password re-set twice the other day, and still got 'oops.............'

I had a 'chat' with an eBay CS person, who said that I had to run both accounts through Chrome.  I actually don't want to do that because otherwise I'd be signing in and out continually, and I like having both open at the same time so I can decide which one to list on.

I didn't have this issue a few years back, but now I do. 

Do others run different accounts through different browsers?  Or is the CS person correct and I have to run both through Chrome.

Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: I'm after some info please!

Well at least we can both get them to work!!

Sometimes I read some of the technical carp about something, and as the language it's written in assumes you are an IT, I just close it down and go on my ignorant way.  A lot safer for the continued performance of my (as you put it) puter.

(So pleased I know someone who is as computer savvy as I am - makes me feel less alone)

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Sounds like maybe a cookie issue with Firefox - check the browser settings to see if any recent updates have updated the cookie preferences.

You can actually be signed into two different accounts with any browser that supports untracked tabs - eg with Chrome if you open up a new tab (or window) in incognito mode, you can log into a different account. If you close the tab or window you'll need to sign in again. 

Opera is a decent alternative to Firefox, too (I use Opera and Chrome after FF became unusable for me). It's not as popular so it's not as catered to as Chrome and Firefox, but mostly for me that just means I have to use Chrome when paying certain bills. 

Chrome allows you to set up multiple user accounts. So you can have a different version of chrome open on the same computer for each gmail account that you have.

Here is google's help page:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

This way you don't have to log back into everything when you open the browser again.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you for that - except it made no sense to me.  The sort of stuff I just close down because it's not immediately telling me what I would like to do.

I'll just keep on going with my safe and tortoise way, and I won't have to call in a computer technician 'cos I tried to be smarter than I am.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply