I'm after some info please!

5kazam
Community Member

I have two accounts with eBay.  One I run through Chrome and the other through Firefox.

The issue is with the Firefox one.  If I want to revise an item, or do anything other than 'sell similar', I'm continually asked to sign in. I type in the correct password, and I get an 'oops that not a match'.  Did a password re-set twice the other day, and still got 'oops.............'

I had a 'chat' with an eBay CS person, who said that I had to run both accounts through Chrome.  I actually don't want to do that because otherwise I'd be signing in and out continually, and I like having both open at the same time so I can decide which one to list on.

I didn't have this issue a few years back, but now I do. 

Do others run different accounts through different browsers?  Or is the CS person correct and I have to run both through Chrome.

Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like maybe a cookie issue with Firefox - check the browser settings to see if any recent updates have updated the cookie preferences.

You can actually be signed into two different accounts with any browser that supports untracked tabs - eg with Chrome if you open up a new tab (or window) in incognito mode, you can log into a different account. If you close the tab or window you'll need to sign in again. 

Opera is a decent alternative to Firefox, too (I use Opera and Chrome after FF became unusable for me). It's not as popular so it's not as catered to as Chrome and Firefox, but mostly for me that just means I have to use Chrome when paying certain bills. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Thanks for that.  I cleared the cookies and then signed into eBay - yay it worked.

I had cleared everything on Chrome, but doh! didn't think about doing it for FF.

I use both for different accounts and have FF set to clear Cookies and Cache on shut down as it's only used for

this account,(with GC I do it manually as I use it as my main browser so have more tabs open and more

bookmarks,etc,so it's more of a pain to log back into some accounts),good.gif

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Settings (the 3 horizontal bars at top right of the browser) - Options - Privacy & Security - Cookies and site data - Keep until 'Firefox is closed'.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Sounds like maybe a cookie issue with Firefox - check the browser settings to see if any recent updates have updated the cookie preferences.

You can actually be signed into two different accounts with any browser that supports untracked tabs - eg with Chrome if you open up a new tab (or window) in incognito mode, you can log into a different account. If you close the tab or window you'll need to sign in again. 

Opera is a decent alternative to Firefox, too (I use Opera and Chrome after FF became unusable for me). It's not as popular so it's not as catered to as Chrome and Firefox, but mostly for me that just means I have to use Chrome when paying certain bills. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for that.  I cleared the cookies and then signed into eBay - yay it worked.

I had cleared everything on Chrome, but doh! didn't think about doing it for FF.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I use both for different accounts and have FF set to clear Cookies and Cache on shut down as it's only used for

this account,(with GC I do it manually as I use it as my main browser so have more tabs open and more

bookmarks,etc,so it's more of a pain to log back into some accounts),good.gif

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Okay - showing my computer ignorance - how do you set it on FF to do it automatically? I usually don't go anywhere near those 'back room' things in case I completely stuff something up (and I do need to use my computer!!)

With Chrome I only have to log back into eBay, FB and Flickr, and 'cos the passwords are saved it's not a huge deal.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Settings (the 3 horizontal bars at top right of the browser) - Options - Privacy & Security - Cookies and site data - Keep until 'Firefox is closed'.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Got it. Thanks everyone for helping out a computer illiterate.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Go to the 3 horizontal bars on the top RHS of the Firefox page and click on it, it will then take you to the "options" page. 

On the LHS click on "privacy and security" and it will take you to the page below, then scroll to the "cookies and site data" click on the bit I've highlighted and it'll give you the option to clear cookies when Firefox is closed.

Capture.PNG

Edit. Snap Dave......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks Padi. Don't know whether it's my computer, but I don't see any screen shots. When I think about it, I never see anyone's attachments or screen shots.

Maybe another learning curve I need to go on. At my age that's probably at least another 3 wrinkles.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:
Thanks Padi. Don't know whether it's my computer, but I don't see any screen shots. When I think about it, I never see anyone's attachments or screen shots.

Maybe another learning curve I need to go on. At my age that's probably at least another 3 wrinkles.

Can't help you with that one kazam, I'm only marginally in front of you in regards to computers.......true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply