If you do something outside the rules do you think there really be any repercussions from ebay

like adding a 2nd catrgory so customers could use the promo code for that category to get 10% off.

For instance a tennis racquet bag and then put it in health and beauty to get access to the current 10% off PREP10 code.

eBay item number:  112567727696

I suppose a bag could be considered health and beauty but so could car tyres if driving makes you feel relaxed.

First you would need to be caught - which is a stretch.

Then I suppose your seller level would determine if they did anything.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If you do something outside the rules do you think there really be any repercussions from ebay

I wouldn't.

Popular opinion aside about eBay NOT monitoring these boards, It makes a lot of common sense to me that they do, very closely at times.

Silence is not a guarantee of ignorance.

Melina.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

They'd monitor messages even more closely, and if a seller is deliberately listing in the wrong category so that a specific buyer can use a voucher when they buy it, there'd have to be messages between the two parties.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Ebay do not monitor these boards period.But some members might go out of their way and advise ebay on certain matters.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Ebay would'nt have to though (although when it comes to these boards they really don't seem to give toss)

But

Anyone selling  a similar item who sees the fasley advertised one would report it

Anyone (buyer or seller) sick of scammers who sees it would report it

Look at how many threads there are here on the boards from buyers saying they are sick of seein x being shown in the listings for y

As mentioned already, many,many,many more people read here than those that post

If someone chooses to intentionally and deliberately falsely advertise something then they can wear whatever happens as a result of doing so 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply