Im selling an item,bids,if there is only one bid can i accept a buy it now offer?

Im selling an item,bids,if there is only one bid can i accept a buy it now offer?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Im selling an item,bids,if there is only one bid can i accept a buy it now offer?

If you have an auction with a buy it now option, the buy it now usually disappears once a bid has been placed.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: Im selling an item,bids,if there is only one bid can i accept a buy it now offer?

I didnt offer auction or buy it now. They asked to buy it now before end of selling date

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Can you explain how you listed it ? I'm slightly confused with the question. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If an item is listed as an auction and has no bids, while you can't change from an auction format, you can add a buy it now price. If it has bids, your only options are to cancel bids, end and relist at a fixed price (buy it now), or end and sell to the current highest bidder at the current price. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I personally wouldnt do this i think its morally not the right thing to do. I have added a buy it now for people but that is when there is no bids already. When in this situation I have told people that because there is already a bid on this item that it would now have to run through to the end of auction and wish them luck.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If your item is up for auction and has a bid then anyone offering to buy it now probably thinks the item is going to reach a much higher price and they hope you will sell it to them now.

If an item already has bids so I cannot add a BIN price then I just answer offers of that sort saying that as the item has bids it would be unethical to end the listing now to sell to an individual however they are welcoe to place bids.

It is actually against ebay policy to ask to buy something at a fixed price when it is up for auction and there is no BIN price but if you are going to tell the buyer that I woud add them to your BBL!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply