Incorrect Ebay Invoice for May June

Has anybody checked their invoices for May and June?

I have just added up the totals and found Ebay are charging me for credit amounts from the previous month?????

Ebay automatically take the payment from  my paypal acount which theydid.. this was the total amount owed as at 31 May 2014.   The payment came out on 15 June for the May account.  Yet on my June Invoice it states Credts $16.50 from previous balance.  

Instead of taking this away..they have added this to my June account ?????? AM I GOING MAD.....

Since detecting this error I chekced the May account and the same thing happened then too??

COuld you let me know if this is just my account or a problem with the billing system.

I will of course contat ebay during their business hours to query this.  But if I did not Check I may not have noticed so hope others will check their Invoices as well 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect Ebay Invoice for May June

Thanks for the heads up, that may be something that one might overlook.

I have found errors in invoices a couple of times over the years, and a phone call was all it took to get it sorted. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The credits have already been applied. Usually waived listing fees for your freebies, including your standard store ones. Which don't show as a charge on the relevant month, but do show as credits previously applied.

I would suspect that your invoices are correct, but by all means contact eBay.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for the heads up, that may be something that one might overlook.

I have found errors in invoices a couple of times over the years, and a phone call was all it took to get it sorted. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

rhysy87
Community Member

I redon't get the invoices at all, how do you find what you will actually be charge? not what you would get charge if you sold everything.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I thought my invoice was wrong but it was the extra fvf's on the postage costs - what a rip off.  Hardly worth a small time seller bothering.  Greedy eBay charge fvf's on sales, postage costs and their banking system - paypal.  What other ways will they think of next.  All listings should be free.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@rhysy87 wrote:

I redon't get the invoices at all, how do you find what you will actually be charge? not what you would get charge if you sold everything.

In your My eBay under the Account tab, click on Seller Account. This will show you the current fees, credits etc. If you want to look at a previous invoice, select the month from the drop down on the right hand side.

Each month you should also receive an email from eBay to notify you that your invoice is ready for viewing and there's a button to click that will take you straight to your Seller Account.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Hi iv had a problem with ebay myself  what they did was iv had 40 free listing and yet they charged me for insertion fees the amount was over $40  . I did call them and queried it,  the second time as I lost contact the first time very very fustrating im suprised no one has taken up any legal action or with accc or consumer affairs with them as there getting away with murder and who knows  how many people this has occurred too  anyway always check your account .has this happen to anyone so far

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You either listed more than 40 items in the month, or you used additional options or categories.

YOU need to actually read the fee bit when you list. THAT will tell you what a particular listing will cost you.

As will having a squiz at your account.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I would be more concerned about your feedback score and DSR's. If they get much worse, eBay might remove your selling privileges. 

When you create a listing, before you submit, does it say near the bottom whether you are using a free listing or is there a listing fee? You should easily be able to see whether you are being charged for the listing before you submit it. If you are going over your 40 freebies a month, the you will get charged a listing fee. If you tick the auto relist for the 3 relistings, you get charged another insertion fee each time it automatically relists.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I did get charged for free lisltings.  When I queried it, they said I didn't click the accept button when the offer was sent.  I did but no longer had the letter they respond with so couldn't prove it.  I always keep the responding letter now.  I had no other option but pay which was a nuisance as they were actually for a friend's listings I was putting on.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply