Increasing number of NPB in cars auctions...

Sold my car last week, bidder was 1900klms away and did not pay or pick up ( will be able to close NPB dispute tomorrow ).

Relisted it again last Friday ( another $8 insertion fee for eBay ) and it sold last night ( buyer is again 2000klms away ).

Buyer emailed and said he will pick it up tonight ( time will tell ).

Anyhow, I am wondering do eBay still have the three strikes and your out rule ? Even so, doesnt the time waster have the opportunity to just open a new eBay account or does the 3 strikes get wiped and stuck with that old account?

eBay really need to look at taking some other course of action to help stop this.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Increasing number of NPB in cars auctions...

There has never been a three strikes you are out policy.

What you can do is block buyers that have been issued strikes from buying from you.

To put these blocks in place hover your mouse over account in your my eBay page and from the drop down click on Site Preferences then go down the list till you see Buyer requirements and to the right of that click on show then click on edit. From there you can put in place the blocks you want, to stop those you want to block from purchasing from you.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

are you sure there was never a 3 strike policy?

tx for the other info, i am on my way and i suggest others do it too.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Does anyone know if it is possible to block bidders from a certain radius distance away? I am sick and tired of paying the $8 insertion fee only to get TWITS 2000klm`s away bid and not pay.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Not that I'm aware of. 

TCT
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I completely agree. Buyers can do what they want. 'Sparkles' keeps telling everyone to set up parameters, which will not capture ebay trolls who want to ruin auctions. The '3 strike' rule used to work. God knows why it has been removed. I've had three in 2 weeks and I'm sick of it.

Paying ridicuously high fees and the hassle of non-payers. It's all about profit for eBay...they still get the fees and non-payers push up the auction price and...guess what....ebay makes even more money. 

I'm selling stuff for a friend in need and once finished, never again.

Will definitely keep buying though. No matter what, apparently I can do what I like and never be banned, never get negative feedback, lie, cheat etc etc. Quite the scam. It's sort of like the new age parenting...let the little darlings do what they like and one day they'll realise they did the wrong thing. Sure!!   "spare the rod and spoil the child" approach to buyers on ebay and rampant non-payers is the result. 

Sorry for the rant. Just sick of making such a huge effort to do the right thing and getting NO support from eBay...and I'm a VIP apparently.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay refund final value fees after you close a NPB dispute or when a buyer agrees to cancel a transaction.

TCT
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

But they certainly dont refund the insertion fee of which is $8 in cars !

Its ( eBay fees ) a rort.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

If I mention the name of a classified ad site that is free to use it may be removed but there is a link on the home page for it. All I can say is Koalas eat the leaves of the tree I'm refering to. My previous post about it has been removed so I can't say more about it than that.

TCT
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply