Info needed for return request

Hi all, for the first time as a seller ( many years) I have had a return request.

Buyer  bought a book over a month ago  & wants to return it as he doesn’t like it & the print is too small.

What to do.?

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Info needed for return request

Update.  I had until today to formally reject return or accept.  As I had not heard back from buyer on my offer to refund cost of book on its return,  I chose to reject accepting return of book.

This now puts the ball back in his court & he can now lodge a case.

What he lodged was a request for return, not a case.

So now I wait & see if he lodges a case & uses some other reason & if he leaves any sort of feedback.

Fingers crossed this is the end of something I didn’t do & wasn’t responsible for.

Message 61 of 77
Latest reply

I was under the impression that requesting a return was indeed opening a case.

Many people have come to the boards complaining about such a request - they didn't want to open a case, but it was done automatically by the return process.

If the feedback is neg and he mentions he didn't like it and/or the print was too small, I would ask for it's removal.

Message 62 of 77
Latest reply

From what I can remember, you first communicate with the seller, and if you reach an agreement you don't have to open a case. As a matter of fact, there is an Open a Case button when you look at the details of a return request, so I guess as long as you are still communicating with the seller it is not really a case. If you are not happy with the seller's response, then you can click on Open a Case.

Message 63 of 77
Latest reply

My email from EBay stated that whatever decision I made on the return request, the buyer could then open a case.  It’ s been a very confusing process, so I’ve just followed the “you have 4 days to make one of these decisions”, rejected return today (day 4) & am now in the wait & see phase.

I’ll be back in Aust tomorrow so will be able to contact CS if there is anything else from him.  He is probably wise to the fact that “I didn’t like it” was not going to get him anywhere, so may go with something else.  
He really wants his $6.80 back!

Message 64 of 77
Latest reply

I'd love to suggest if he really wants his $6.80 back that badly, he could try busking reading the book

He'd make the money back and get other people's opinion on the book

Oh! no, he can't do that

The print is too small

But not too small to know he did'nt like the book 

After a month

Message 65 of 77
Latest reply

I wouldn't contact CS.

They're fairly useless at best.

Just let things play out first and see what happens now that you've rejected the return.

Message 66 of 77
Latest reply

Thank you, that’s exactly what I’ll do.

Message 67 of 77
Latest reply

LOL - now I have one - trying it on for a $20 refund - cause he's too busy to return the item. 

Message 68 of 77
Latest reply

and does your buyer have a good reason?   too small, too light, didn't like it?

Message 69 of 77
Latest reply

Did'nt make him less busy?

Spoiler
I'll show myself out
Message 70 of 77
Latest reply