International sales - Aust. Post now demand buyer's phone number to send.

Just some advice to those who sell items overseas.

Australia Post are now demanding all parcels sent overseas must have the buyer's phone number entered into the customs form.

If you don't have the buyer's phone number in the order or Paypal details, DO NOT SEND ITEM, as Australia Post are refusing to handle it.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: International sales - Aust. Post now demand buyer's phone number to send.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is not a new rule....it has always been that way for parcels....it is just being more rigorously applied now.

Many overseas countries refuse to accept parcels with no contact number.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Phone numbers are not in the paypay details but are easily found through seller hub > my orders > sales record.

If you use Aust Post site to print labels, and have ebay linked, the phone number is put in automatically,  no problem.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

My 2 recent overseas sales (March and April recent), didn't require the buyer's phone number, but the PO insisted on my phone number being on that rather large customs form that I had to fill out. I haven't had any texts saying I'd won €694,000 in the UK lottery, so I think it was kept safe.....for now.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, two weeks ago I was asked for my phone number to send a parcel (the first time in 30 years) and now last week the request for the receiver's phone number (again, the first time in 30 years).

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

these are new government regulations imposed by china and usa they have no choice or the other countrys will reject the parcel

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Must be very new because my March international postage was to China and the April one was to the US. I have stopped all international postage for now, so will see what happens if I decide to open it up again down the track.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply