Is FB marketplace, something ebay is aware of?

walenad
Community Member

Because if this payment delay isn't removed, I'm never coming back.

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

ebay won't let me close my account now .. saying I have a subscription .. which I don't .. went to verify my phone number and it says problem with website .. this place is a joke .. can't wait till my accounts are all deleted now .. is a security problem waiting to happen .. somehow they can apparently withdraw money from my bank whenever they want even though I didn't set up auto debit just a place they could pay me money from my ebay sales .. .. they lied!!! and somehow can take money from my bank and overdraw my account and then I have to pay overdraw fees .. this is intolerable .. .. I just said they can pay me that way .. this place is gross!! .. I may still buy here from time to time but have been put off selling and listing here now .. get **bleep**ed ebay!!!

Message 11 of 66
Latest reply

.. it may only be 4 cents but the point is ebay withdrew it from my bank account somehow .. this is the straw that broke the camels back .. just grubby and desperate if you want my opinion .. anyway glad ebay broke cover to get their 4 cents back .. I will be having words with my bank about this for sure asking how these racketeers got the authority to do this .. ..

no hope.jpg

Message 12 of 66
Latest reply

plus the number of glitches I came across today on ebay was incredible .. this place is a disaster ..

Message 13 of 66
Latest reply

.. and low and behold I just did a quick search for something I wanted to buy at another site and got the item way cheaper .. way way cheaper and better variety plus none of those crazy BS fraudulent multi listings that just take hours and hours to find what I am looking for .. okay .. am not so sad now .. I can get cheap stuff (with a money back guarantee etc .. ) and finding it quick and found stuff I can't find on ebay even though it is there somewhere I can't find it and was looking for hours and then bingo one search over there and I found what I spent hours looking for here but the multi listings are all fraudulent and stuffing the search up  .. .. I think ebay has cooked their goose .. see I was such a loyal ebayer I never looked elsewhere and always shopped here .. well well .. I don't think this will end well for ebay now .. am not sure exactly what is going on but can smell a great big rat .. no business could be this accidentally incompetent .. SEC should have a look at what is happening here .. anyway I am out .. I never really liked this place .. was more a prisoner here than anything .. anyway am over the wall and going bye bye .. best of luck people ..

Message 14 of 66
Latest reply

@i_got_dust-collectors wrote:

.. it may only be 4 cents but the point is ebay withdrew it from my bank account somehow .. this is the straw that broke the camels back .. just grubby and desperate if you want my opinion .. anyway glad ebay broke cover to get their 4 cents back .. I will be having words with my bank about this for sure asking how these racketeers got the authority to do this .. ..

no hope.jpg

If you take notice of your own statement from the bank, you'll notice that 4c was debited from your account and then 4c was credited back in.

They took nothing.

That was ebay / Adyen verifying your bank account.

Paypal did the same thing when you first joined.  Or have you forgotten?

Your other rants I haven't bothered reading.

Message 15 of 66
Latest reply

paypal never took money out of my account unless I authorised it or withdrew it myself .. I did not authorise ebay to remove money from my account ..  .. I remember very clearly when paypal put micro payments in for me to confirm .. so YOU are definitely making things up now! .. or straight out lieing or perhaps delusional or worse  .. paypal deposited only and I confirmed the micro payments .. you can blather till you are blue in the face defending this travesty, it may actually be criminal activity .. I will be talking with my bank as I said .. .. the evidence is in now .. and I have had enough .. anyway I encourage you to stay on here stalks .. I really really do .. and I hope you enjoy it .. hahaha .. no best you don't read my rants or any of the other rants from extremely upset ebay customers .. apparently according to ebay we are just noise .. enough is enough!! .. I wanted to stay here selling my items but I can't because my spidey instincts tell me this place is not worthy of my time or trust .. and am actually fed up with ebay now .. 4 cents??!! .. that accountant is tripping! .. 

Message 16 of 66
Latest reply

@i_got_dust-collectors wrote:

somehow they can apparently withdraw money from my bank whenever they want even though I didn't set up auto debit just a place they could pay me money from my ebay sales .. .. 

You signed up for managed payments? If so, you did give eBay permission to recoup funds from your bank account.

"Collection of the Owed Amounts may be carried out on a one-time, sporadic, or recurring basis by the following means:

---
Recouping from your Linked Financial Account (and if required, by issuing a direct debit mandate or other similar authorization);"

You can read what you agreed to (if you signed up for MP) here:

https://pages.ebay.com.au/payment/2.0/terms.html#article-9

Message 17 of 66
Latest reply

.. if I knew that ebay could withdraw I never would have signed up for this rubbish .. thankyou for pointing this out to me ..  .. I have been tricked into this and in no way sanction or permit ebay to take a penny from my bank account EVER!! .. so in view of all the bait and switching and ebay's clear INTENT to be dipping into my bank account whenever "they" see fit I have to desist using this website to sell items .. if I had of moved that 4 cents from the account and ebay withdrew "their" 4 cents from my bank account then it would have been overdrawn and attracted a hefty overdraw fee .. does that even register with ebay? .. where is that in the fine print? .. quite simply ebay do not care about that "little thing" where the banks exploit us with their BS overdraw charges .. I do not trust this business/corporation and have plenty of examples of their corrupt conduct over the time I have used this website .. I have been selling on ebay for 20 years .. the trust is gone, and the multitude of problems here means it is not worth navigating this mess to run any kind of enterprise .. I am a mom and pop seller and is clear ebay does not want me here even though I have always played fair and honest .. I will review the situation in a few months but can't see things improving from this point forward .. just me talking here may give ebay a clue as to what they are doing wrong so really should keep my mouth shut and just let ebay wonder why they are suddenly experiencing "negative growth" .. this sneaky business ebay is engaged in where they think it is cool to just withdraw cash from my account willy nilly is beyond acceptable for me .. it is just one of a multitude of issues that I do not have time to delve into on these boards and the one eyed ebay supporters who apparently live here in a kudo ring circle jerk ..

Message 18 of 66
Latest reply

I want to remove my bank details and stop selling here immdiately .. I did not realise ebay can take money from my bank account whenever they feel like it ..

Plus I just checked and have not set up an agreement with ebay to withdraw money .. only to deposit to my bank account .. so everything that is being transamitted in these contracts (and on this Bulletin Board by the not so helpful regulars is rubbish and fraudulent .. I should actually be contacting someone higher u the foodchain than my bank .. so the managed payments agreement is one thing .. but when I go to delete the details and stop selling ebay actually requests me to sign up for an automatic payment method then .. to say this website has become treacherous is an understatement .. here is the link I am using to try and delete my account details .. I have deleted my listings and have made no transaction on this account for months and ebay point blank refuses to allow me to remove my bank account details or to delete this account .. I have better things to do with my life than plumb the depth of insanity of a madmans breakfast or carp ..

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-payment-method?id=4124#s...

so it would seem that somehow ebay has removed money from my bank account without my permission as I first stated and you regulars seem extremely defensive of .. I hate that I have to waste half of my day sorting this mess out and shows ebay has no respect for people's time and as I said earlier ebay can get **bleep**ed now .. and even if they backflip I am not accepting that .. they would need to send me an apology and a $100 voucher before I would even start to think they were sincere or apologetic ..

.. as for stalks .. she made that up about paypal withdrawing micro payments without my explicit permission or lied .. which way would the regulars like to spin that one? .. paypal never withdrew their micro payments .. so the information I get from you so BB regulars also need to be filtered and interpreted .. bottom line is ebay has tricked me and has no permission to withdraw yet now can apparently dip into my bank account ..

Message 19 of 66
Latest reply

oh really you are trying to hide this important information from other BB users now are we? .. button push away .. once ebay has deleted my bank details or account I will stop posting here .. I am furious I have towate my time on this .. ebay even wanted/wants my internet banking password!!!!! .. this is beyond the pale of what my bank allows me to do with my account ,, I wll be telling my bank and the banking ombudsman that little ditty too .. I will be a real snitchy tattle tale button pusher on this one .. you better believe it ..

Plus I just checked and have not set up an agreement with ebay to withdraw money .. only to deposit to my bank account .. so everything that is being transamitted in these contracts (and on this Bulletin Board by the not so helpful regulars is akin to "ebay-speak" .. I should actually be contacting someone higher up the foodchain than my bank .. so the managed payments agreement is one thing .. but when I go to delete the details and stop selling ebay actually requests me to sign up for an automatic payment method then .. to say this website has become treacherous is an understatement .. here is the link I am using to try and delete my account details .. I have deleted my listings and have made no transaction on this account for months and ebay point blank refuses to allow me to remove my bank account details or to delete this account ..

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-payment-method?id=4124#s...

so it would seem that somehow ebay has removed money from my bank account without my permission as I first stated and you regulars seem extremely defensive of .. I hate that I have to waste half of my day sorting this mess out and shows ebay has no respect for my time ..

.. as for stalks .. she made that up about paypal withdrawing micro payments without my explicit permission .. which way would the regulars like to spin that one? .. paypal never withdrew their micro payments .. so the information I get from you so called BB regulars also needs to be filtered and interpreted ..

Message 20 of 66
Latest reply