Is 'Good Till Cancelled' only charged the 1 time insertion fee until it sells regardless of how long

I have my buy it now items 'good till cancelled'. I understand there is an insertion fee. But, I do not have to pay this every month right> it is a one off fee till it sells. When I re-list the item then I have to pay another insertion fee, is that right?

Thank you everyone for helping me..

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Is 'Good Till Cancelled' only charged the 1 time insertion fee until it sells regardless of how

Pffft, only 2 years paying for a store they don't use? I know of a seller who's been doing that for at least 5 years. About a year ago I took pity on them and sent them a message. I got a reply a few months later where they thanked me, but they still have their empty store.
Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Re: Is 'Good Till Cancelled' only charged the 1 time insertion fee until it sells regardless of how

In honour of your posts, chameleon, and indeed, in honour of all such occurrences...

Zombie Thread - Arise, Old Thread

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

I was also told via ebay chat that you only pay for the first time listing a good till cancelled item then after that there's no fee each month. Which is the opposite of what they say on the listing page itself. So who knows!

Ebay CSR in my chat said..... "As for the update, you only get charge for the initial listing. When it renew, the listing fee is waived."

They really should train their staff better if they are being misinformed!!

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

My listings say 30 days so that is that.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

@activeentertainment wrote:

I was also told via ebay chat that you only pay for the first time listing a good till cancelled item then after that there's no fee each month. Which is the opposite of what they say on the listing page itself. So who knows!

Ebay CSR in my chat said..... "As for the update, you only get charge for the initial listing. When it renew, the listing fee is waived."

They really should train their staff better if they are being misinformed!!

I reckon the rep is talking about the 8 free relists.

That you only get charged on the first not the subsequent relists.

GTC, we have always been charged every month.

Unless with the new dropping of the 30 day listings they have made GTC free, but I doubt it.

image host
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply