Is it ok to take a break from selling and cancel listings for the holidays

I would like to take a break over the holidays and cancel my listings, but I have to select a reason, and there are no options, for "I'm going on holidays".  Does eBay frown upon cancelling listings?  I can't say the item is no longer available, as I will relist at some future date, if I mark all my items as that, maybe I will be accused of selling them outside eBay. Please let me know your thoughts. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Just end them all as no longer available for sale. Which is true.

Then when you come back relist them. They remain in unsold for 60 days.

I have done that many times with certain listings.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Select them all, select 'End' at the top or bottom and you won't have to give a reason. Quicker, too. And they will show in the Seller Hub for 90 days.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Just end them all as no longer available for sale. Which is true.

Then when you come back relist them. They remain in unsold for 60 days.

I have done that many times with certain listings.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Select them all, select 'End' at the top or bottom and you won't have to give a reason. Quicker, too. And they will show in the Seller Hub for 90 days.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

To hide your BIN listings (without a store) - Enable 'Use the out-of-stock-option' in your ebay>Account.>Site Preferences>Selling Preferences - then change the stock level of each item to '0'
Your listings will disappear & can't be purchased until you change the stock level back to '1'.

Just remember to change the Site preferences 'Use the out-of-stock-option' back to no when you're back.

GTC listings will 'tick over' as normal - but hidden & 30 days listings will just expire at the end of 30 days.

I cancelled my store about a year ago & this is how I manage to 'hide' my GTC listings while on holiday. It also works for 30 day BINS.
This way I don't lose my sales history & placement.

A bit of messing around - especially as I have listings with options but it's the best way I've found to put all my non-store items in 'holiday' mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply