Is this guy duplicate duplicate listing?

Hi guys, I wondered why my "Tactical Spork" sales were down, so I entered SPORK into Cassini. Then a tonne of Sporks appeared from a single seller. If you search for SPORK you will know what I mean.

Is this acceptable? Can you list items by different colour? IE A red spork, green spork, black spork etc or is it classed as duplicate listings? A variation listing would be far more appropriate, my little listing is getting lost among his.

I appreciate your input

Sincerely

David
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I am a new seller and currently making my listing I have several things I wanted to sell with variations (colour etc) but after several days banging my head against a wall, trying to work out how, I decided to ring customer service. I was told basically varitaions is currenlty on avaible in the most used catergories. So even after an hour, with the customer service trying to find a catergory to list one of my items it was not possible. 

The customer service rep is going to have a chat with others and see if they can think of any suitable catergory but that is not hopefull so I may have to make 6 listing 1 for each colour. I was informed varations in Australia is pretty ned and Ebay Australia ia trying to get more catergories to have varitaions listed but for now it is limited as other have said 

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Just aside Newdeals, you are a new account and you have selling limits so prob better to close the store for now until you get more sales under your belt, lifting the limits.

image host
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

UPDATE

I've contacted eBay, and they basically said that it is ok to list items individually if they are different colours, but he said "off the record" it was a listing manipulation.

Nothing has been done about it.

Ridiculous!

He even has listed pairs of these items with a minor discount.

I'm gonna ring them back tomorrow and tell them I am not satisfied with their decision, and ask to speak to a line manager, will keep you all posted.

David
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Hi kopenhagen5 I appreciate the advice and totally understand where you are coming from. I did already get my limit increased to 100 items a month so the store will be of benefit even if I lose a small amount of money over the next 3 or so months that is ok I should be set up and ready to increase my monthly limits. I am looking at 6-12 months setting this up. A little loss at the start, even though maybe not the smartest move is ok but thank you and good advice.
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

@aussie.grazing.boards wrote:
UPDATE

I've contacted eBay, and they basically said that it is ok to list items individually if they are different colours, but he said "off the record" it was a listing manipulation.

Nothing has been done about it.

Ridiculous!

He even has listed pairs of these items with a minor discount.

I'm gonna ring them back tomorrow and tell them I am not satisfied with their decision, and ask to speak to a line manager, will keep you all posted.

David

Maybe emphasise that categories are getting flooded with this carp and it might be a reason for lack of sales on

this site as buyers will "switch" off if they see the same thing over and over.

This is part of their duplicate listing policy and it clearly states that they should be in a listing with variations.

Follow these guidelines to make sure that your listings follow our listing policies and have the best possible position in eBay's Best Match sort order:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks Tazz, I will arm myself with those policy quotes when I ring them.
Thanks again.
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Different color is not accpetable. we will 10pcs red reflectors, another listing is 10pcs white reflectors

ebay said these are duplicate listing.

I have to remove them. 

Can you say red and white is same color? 

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

different color is not acceptable. we have to list them under a new listing with variation. we sell red, white and amber reflecotors. Ebay said we have to remove them to list a new listing with vairation! Can can we contuine the business. we listed them from 2014, now, we must remove them we will loose all the selling history, rank and watching buyers
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Surely dragging up one old thread is enough. No need to spam others.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

eBay are colour blind so red and white are both red Woman Tongue

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply