It's late & I'm tired - can buyers now get off scott free?

Just had someone make an offer on an item, had defaults set in place and offer was accepted. 'nekminit' msg from ebay "Hi Karen you have successfully cancelled a sale as the buyer hasn't paid on time."

**bleep** - So now buyers can make offers, win/buy the listing and then change their mind and it's ME that cancelled the sale.  And the buyer escapes defect for non payment & I have to relist as ebay doesn't do it automatically.  Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: It's late & I'm tired - can buyers now get off scott free?

so it wasn't the buyers fault - it was an ebay fork up, can't copy and paste ebays response due to HTML coding apparently, so screen shot it

ebay.JPG

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

This is from Ebay:

If it's been less than an hour since your purchase, and the seller hasn't sent the item yet, you can cancel your order yourself. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks but I still don't understand why ebay word the cancellation, that I the seller cancelled the sale - maybe time to put immediate payment in place or does this also have loop holes for the buyers not getting defects?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe.

Or do you think it matters in the scheme of things? Given you are unlikely to get a defect?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Just a PITA, buyer gets off, I have more work to do, so yes in the scheme of things I want to avoid the extra work and the buyer should get the defect and Ebay should not word it as 'me' cancelling the sale

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Set Immediate Payment Required on future listings.

Although all things considered I would prefer a cancellation to a INR or INAD further down the track which is no doubt what this silly buyer would have ended up doing - add them to your BBL as well

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I'm pretty sure I've several times seen a note from ebay when I've accepted offers to the effect that Immediate Payment Required - even if set - does not apply in an offer/acceptance situation.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

With IPR it is also impossible to ask for combined postage. This happened to me once. The seller had agreed to send me an invoice for combined postage if I buy her items, but then I could not send the request. I told her (I actually didn't even know what the problem was), and she recognized it was because of IPR, so she disabled it until I could buy and she could send me the invoice. A helpful seller will do what my seller did though...

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

papermoon.lady, that is exactly why I don't have IPR on my listings at the moment hoping that if people wish to buy more than one of my items I can save them on postage.

Unfortunately it is becoming rare for multiple purchases, and when they do happen, buyer doesn't wait for invoice, goes straight to check out, pays excessive post and then wants refund, after seller has been slugged fees on the total by ebay.  Can't seem to win lately

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Simple solution - refund less fees. 

I've done it for years and never had a complaint.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply