Item not received but feedback left?

calsof
Community Member

Has this ever happened to anybody?

10/12/2012: Item ordered, paid for and posted

15/12/2012: Positive feedback received

10/01/2012: Message received - "Still have not received where is it?"

I just replied with a message asking them if they've made a mistake. Can somebody give me a possible explanation? Did they like it so much they're trying to get another one for free? ]:)

Sorry,back on topic-I have no comment
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item not received but feedback left?

I've had buyers leave feedback straight after they paid.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hmm...A couple of the feedback you received on the 15th are fairly generic, but the rest definitely indicate the item was received. 

Possible explanations (that don't result in the buyer being dodgy)

They left feedback for the wrong item, and bough so many things over Christmas, only just realised they got it wrong.

In a similar vein, as you mentioned, they haven't received something else and contacted you in error.

They dislike the insistence of eBay's 'I need to leave feedback for X items' note and will leave FB to make it go away.

I've had a couple of newer members leave feedback straight away (before I've even finished packing the item), and where appropriate I let them know it's wiser to wait until the item's been received, so it does happen sometimes.

The only other time I've received FB without yet supplying the item it was a custom order and the buyer was supposed to supply some components. It was an expensive order (high-cost base materials that I had to source), so I said I'd only do it with payment in advance. The customer ended up taking weeks to send their components so I could finish it, then they didn't send enough. Meanwhile, FB deadline came so I got a glowing pos. :8} (And yes, in the end the customer received their order and by all accounts was thrilled).

Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent there, I guess I'd just wait and see how they respond, if at all and take it from there. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

calsof
Community Member

Hi All. I thought I'd give you an update on this.

Sooo refreshing to know that most of us, sellers and buyers, are just regular honest people and that sometimes things just happen... shouldn't always be on the lookout for scammers ๐Ÿ™‚

The guy lived in one state and worked in another. The item was a gift for his girlfriend and, as she didn't know to expect it, had not asked for it at the post office.

I had sent the item to QLD, his home address, as per his request. He called his girlfriend and asked her to go to the PO to ask if there was a package waiting for him. It was there waiting and she got a late Christmas gift. 

Travelling between two States coupled with his enthusiasm to provide positive feedback created confusion.

I did, however, advise him to reserve his feedback for after delivery in his future dealings with eBay sellers. I was more than happy to provide a replacement. I'm sure there are some who wouldn't.

All's well that ends well ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Sooo refreshing to know that most of us, sellers and buyers, are just regular honest people and that sometimes things just happen.

Yes but what would we find to do with ourselves if it wasn't for the numpties, the dishonest, the scammers and the outright nutters who keep us busy on these boards;-)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

calsof
Community Member

Yes but what would we find to do with ourselves if it wasn't for the numpties, the dishonest, the scammers and the outright nutters who keep us busy on these boards?

I don't know! Get a life? Nahhh :^O

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply