KYCremedy link to upload ID info does not work

suqqu
Community Member

I have been emailed to update my ID info, for the last 2 months i have tried going via the Selling Overview link and link within the email to login and update - the link goes to kycremedy.ebay... it never loads yet i receive an email from ebay saying there was an attempted login. have tried on different computers and browsers.

After about now the tenth chat with an agent, nothing has been fixed on ebay's end. some agents have no idea what they are doing, others have said it's an emerging issue, don't worry. no ticket, no case. and i was reassured there'd be no changes to my account as it's an ebay issue, yet it is now suspended.

what on earth does it take for ebay to fix a pretty major glitch like this? the agents never escalate this for follow up and are more keen to cut me off the chat.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

there is a chance that you have fallen for a phishing scam.

I haven't heard of kycremedy.

Hover over or click the email address in the "from" field on the email.  If what shows looks nothing like an eBay email address then it is likely you have been scammed.

Run virus software immediately, change passwords on frequeny visited sites (especially banking and paypal).

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Sounds like you have possibly fallen for a scam. Never, ever click on links sent to your email. Always go to your account to see if the notification is in your messages. Then you know it is genuine.

It's possible that your account is now suspended because the multiple log-ins were flagged by Ebay.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Just to add, that if it is a scam, then just as well you can't complete the "ID" update, as this will send your credentials straight to the scammers.

Were you already signed up for Managed Payments prior to this? 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I get the same notification in my ebay inbox as email, to update my ID. There is also a link within my selling overview that goes to the same link. KYCremedy was mentioned in other ebay forum posts. The account suspension specifically related to my identity info not being submitted. I am not sure whether I transitioned to managed payments, I get some sort of monthly statement from ebay. 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Or suspect you didn't transition. You would be the one who knows. As you claim to be suspended...

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

You would know if you were on Managed Payments as your funds are transferred to your bank account, instead of Paypal, which has been dropped. You would no longer have a monthly invoice unless you have a store, use promotions or secondary headings. Other than that, all fees are taken up front and the balance is sent to you.

You would also have had to provide a passport or drivers licence for verification, but if any of the details don't match down to the last letter, you cannot be verified.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

The last time i sold something it was transferred to my paypal, so i probably haven't transitioned. I am not a shop, just listing personal items ad hoc. How did you provide verification initially - through an ebay portal?

Is there some other step I need to take to transition my account or just verify? In case that's what's making the verification portal not register my login attempts...

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

All sellers need to transition, so having a shop doesn't matter.

There should be information at the top of your Seller Hub (if I remember correctly). When you click the link it will open up a new window and you proceed from there. You will need a bank account in the same name as your registered details and provide either passport or DL. Once you submit everything it will take maybe a business day or so, but double check that all information matches exactly ie: make sure your registered details are your full name as it appears in your passport or DL.

Have a read: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for confirming, yeah it is this link in the hub that has been broken for 2 months and agents called it an "emerging issue". 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply