Lights on Lights off

Well isnt that interesting..Sales went overboard in December and now suddenly they have stopped again.

Further proof that Ebay plays around with our listings.

I guess it will continue to be like this for remainder of year.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Lights on Lights off

Would'nt be ebay if they were'nt fiddling about with something

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

Yup same here.

Guess they have to make sure the Chinese sellers get a fair go ! 

Cant have us Aussies making a fair dollar! 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

Or maybe people are on holidays?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

@davewil1964 wrote:

Or maybe people are on holidays?

...BROKE, Dave.... we're all bloody broke!  Man LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

January is always a dead time for shops. I doesn't matter if you sell on line or have a b&m shop. It's all the same.

People have just spent all their cash on Christmas or having holidays. Next comes their credit card bills, and then sorting out the kids stuff for school,  and there just isn't much spare cash out there at the moment.

it usually starts to pick up a bit after the kids go back to school and peoples bank balances start to recover.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

@lozzagreat wrote:

January is always a dead time for shops. I doesn't matter if you sell on line or have a b&m shop. It's all the same.

People have just spent all their cash on Christmas or having holidays. Next comes their credit card bills, and then sorting out the kids stuff for school,  and there just isn't much spare cash out there at the moment.

it usually starts to pick up a bit after the kids go back to school and peoples bank balances start to recover.

It all depends on what you sell. My main customers are businesses that work Feb. - Nov. but I have a range of products I stock up on and hold back for this time of year. They appeal to blokes who are on holidays, working on their pride and joy in ther shed or workshop. They dont get time to touch them for the rest of the year. These items sell gang busters in January and more than make up for the downturn in business customers at this time of year. The result is I,m having very strong sales at the moment.

There are ways around most problems on ebay including the post christmas quiet period. Sellers just need to be adaptable and plan for the different seasons.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

I've had a similar issue but more of a daily lights on, lights off issue. This last week's bi-polar sales numbers have been: Mon $250, Tues $20, Wed $216, Thurs $0, Fri $100, Sat $200, Sun $260, Mon $15. Granted the weekend was steady but there's clearly an on and off pattern. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

@lozzagreat wrote:

I always do well in January.  I had a record week last week!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Lights on Lights off

@rookieyear1984 wrote:

I've had a similar issue but more of a daily lights on, lights off issue. This last week's bi-polar sales numbers have been: Mon $250, Tues $20, Wed $216, Thurs $0, Fri $100, Sat $200, Sun $260, Mon $15. Granted the weekend was steady but there's clearly an on and off pattern. 

I'll bet there isn't a b&m shop in existence that has consistent sales every single day.  There will ALWAYS be fluctuations.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply