Listing Fee being charged

Hi all, 

first of all pardon me if this question has been asked and answered but i'm a long time buyer, new seller. 

My issue is that i am currently being charged $1.65 for a new fixed price listing, even though i have 40 free listings per month. At the moment i only have 21 active listings, So i'm pretty sure i didnt exceed the quota. Not only that, on my 40 free listing promo overview, it still shows i am "Eligible", Used 0 Left 40. The items i am listing are under men's fragrances, which i believe is not in the excluded categories as well. 

Everything worked well in June and July, however the issue starts in August. Before the item is finalised, there will be a $1.65 fee before the final step (which changes to free if i select auction but since the free listing is for either type, this shouldn't happen). I talked to a few eBay staff through chat and i seem to get a fairly generic "it is a known issue", "no time frame of fix" and "we will credit you the listing fee" replies. I thought this issue will go away once the September promo period starts but it's still there. 

My invoice for August was creditted once i chat with a staff, but i find it annoying having to spend a good few minutes actively asking for a credit for something that shouldnt happen to begin with, especially when there wasn't any issues early on. Not only that, i worry that there will be a time when they decided to decline my credit request and i'm stuck with 

So really my question is

1. Does anyone face this issue as well, or am I the only one due to some incorrect settings? 

2. Is there any communication from ebay about this issue to anyone affected as well? 

Thanks in advance!

Brendan

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Listing Fee being charged

Just an update, for anyone that's been helpful and curious about this. 

I contacted ebay via chat again on a day that i was free, with a bit more assertive tone used. Nothing abusive, just reinforcing my frustration about it and pointing out something that dragged on for more than a month is unacceptable. The CS gave an assurance that it will be looked into and will contact me when it's resolved. 

After a week I tried listing again, and lo and behold it's now free. The free listing count also moved, with 3 being used and 37 left after a few autorenewals. I am also able to relist a couple of items, bringing total listing to 21 (42 items across all variations). I am unsure of the exact time/day it was fixed, as when i tried a few days ago the fee still showed up. 

So at this stage it seems to be an unexplained bug, and they seem to manage to resolve it but without any explanation so until now I am still unable to say for sure what exactly is the cause. Just want to say thanks to all that have tried helping me with this. Fingers crossed it doesnt come back again when October's monthly free listing starts. 

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Not trying to be too negative but didn't it allow you to use some of your 40 previously and it was only when you'd used a few that it stopped using the 40? If you haven't used all of your 40 yet it may not be fixed yet. I hope it is for your sake though!
Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

It used up some free listings in June and July, but come August none was used. When i noticed i am being charged the fee, it stayed at 40/40 left. Nothing i did changed that, only now that when i see i can list for free again does it count towards the free listing.

I do get what you mean, since Ebay renews the offer every month, it might โ€œrefreshโ€ the bug again even if they manually fix it now. I shall see what happens next month.
Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Keep us posted, please. It is an intriguing issue.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply