Massive Postage Delays with Items sent via Aust Post

HI 

I sold a lot of items over the long Oct weekend and sent them all out on the 3rd of Oct via Aust Post most items were cds and dvds and some parcels... I sent the cds and dvds as large letters and for the past week, I have customers contact me every day in eBay saying they have not got their items as yet. it is really starting to P me off. 

Even the items with tracking are showing still in transit.

What is happening with Aust post lately.

Anyone else having issues with late deliveries... and if so what are you doing about it.

Thx

Tom

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Massive Postage Delays with Items sent via Aust Post

as you're in NSW, do all your items go via Chullora?
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I have been watching the times grow longer over the course of the past year, and think Australia Post is putting fewer resources into ordinary parcel mail. Deliveries to the more far flung corners of Australia are now taking up to two weeks, sometimes more.

It is now quicker to send to anywhere in Europe than Kununurra.

Speaking with Auspost staff that care has confirmed my suspicions. Where possible, customers like you and I are being 'encouraged' to consider the more expensive Express Post. Much like what is now happening with letters.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

mostly like stuck at Chullora again, regular large letters just sit there and waiting for process, priority mails will be better to avoid delay, but you have to pay 50c each, they only process priority mails first

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

so I can go to the post office with a large letter and pay an extra 0.50cent per letter to make them priority... I did not even know this...

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

One comment- in business the very first service offered by someone like Aust Post should be the Priority and it should be the Cheapest!!

Melina

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Yes - priority post stickers are for letters only.  Others will disagree but I have found it to be the best 50 cent investment.  Around this time last year, I had about 100 large letters which were significantly delayed which caused a string of late arrival defects and a few neutral feedback.  Far more concerning was the volume of buyers contacting me with "Where is my item" queries.  In November I changed my handling time from 1 day to 3 days and started using priority stickers. I have not had one late item reported to me in over 4000 domestic sales in the last 12 months.  My postage charge covers the 50 cents.   Yes I should not have to do this but with eBay and Australia post you neeed to "suck it up" sometimes in order to remain in the game. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Large letter postmarked Nambour Qld on the 28th Sept.

Arrived in my P.O. Box in suburban Sydney today.

Only 19 days...

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, you are correct,

Send with the 50c priority sticker to have any hope. Even then it is hit or miss.

Someone has to pay for the obscene salaries for the top 10 at Australia Post, whilst we get pathetic service like THIS!!

Australia Post are just killing me with both LATE delivery and NON DELIVERY.

Mail to Victoria from SA is absolutely hopeless by anything but Express, has been that way all year.

The lack of sales all round is bad enough, the PO not delivering the stuff, I cannot accept much longer.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply