Move country

nbmflynn
Community Member
Can I sell in Australia if my account was created in Ireland?
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Move country

You can, but you may need to adjust the item location if it defaults to Ireland (you can create a listing on eBay AU no matter where you are, and the listings will be in AUD etc, but if your registration country is not Aus, then the default item location is usually your registered address). 

You can also update your registration information (info here https://www.ebay.com.au/help/account/changing-account-settings/updating-country-currency-settings?id... ).

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Move country

If your account is still registered as in Ireland then you can sell on the Aus site but it is not as straight forward as you may think if it is for more than just an ocassional listing. Your currency and account will still be in Euros and if you are staying in Aus and selling from here for any length of time you need to change your Country of registration, your Region and your currency as well as adding an Au bank account.

It sometimes requires a fairly long phone chat to get it all sorted.

I used to change my account between the UK and Aus every six months but it rarely went without a hitch so as I have bank accounts, CCs etc in both countries it was easier to just have two different accounts.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply