My buyer in Australia hasn't received order

I mailed my Australian buyer his $45.00 order using eBay shipping with international USPS and it's two plus weeks past it's due date to be delivered. Buyer opens a eBay request because item has not been received. Does the seller have any protection through the eBay Protection plan to cover the item and it's shipping costs? What should the seller do?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What a shame you jumped the gun and refunded so quickly.

There is still a good chance that the parcel will arrive and you have proof of posting to ebay/paypal standard.

What does the tracking show?   Is the item still in transit?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Forget the estimated delivery date.....it is a date that bears no resemblance to actual delivery times here in Australia.

How long exactly since you posted the item......USPS First Class can take 3-5 weeks to be delivered here. What USPS service did you use?

You will only have seller protection if you can prove you have posted the item with online tracking....do you have that proof?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

PayPal Australia has slightly different policies to PayPal USA, as do eBay.au and eBay.com (USA), so you may need to study both country's policies as your buyer might be bound by PayPal Australia for payment and eBay.com (USA) policies if your items were listed on eBay.com

You may have more success posting on the USA discussion boards as there may be a USA seller/s who have had the same problem as you and can offer more accurate advice.

These policy differences are one reason why many Australians do not sell internationally, and why many USA sellers are now using the Pitney Bowes Global Shipping Program.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for your post, it's been a month since the item was mailed using USPS First Class Mail. Yes, I have proof and tracking since I used online eBay shipping to send the item. In my haste to resolve the eBay request I refunded the buyer, since the seller seems to never win on a eBay request.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

What a shame you jumped the gun and refunded so quickly.

There is still a good chance that the parcel will arrive and you have proof of posting to ebay/paypal standard.

What does the tracking show?   Is the item still in transit?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, it is still in transit, thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

downunder wave.gif   I hope they're a very nice Aussie that re-pays you when they arrive.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

It will arrive.

Australia Post is ultra reliable.

Maybe not always in timing, but in delivery.

I would stake my life it will arrive. I used to sell a few things & I also buy & in over 2000 transactions, I have never had anything get lost. Never. A couple of times, things that only had to go across town took 3 weeks to be delivered, but they got there.

So, as you have tracking, you'll know when it has been delivered. Delivery is not the issue. The only issue is how honest the buyer is.

You'll soon find out. Good luck.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Well, my buyer in Canada, has not received their order (from me in Australia) either..just going on three weeks now. They filed to ebay, so its all doomed. I assume I will have to refund, even though, parce; loss, has nothing to do with me in the long run. It WILL arrive, but too late and she probably won't stop the claim. Bla. Have sent thousands of things overseas in a 9 year period...can't recall anything NEVER getting there..maybe one..ah yes, a parcel to Italy, renowned for it's bad mail service. Anyway...it sure does take more than two weeks, as a rule, for stuff to travel overseas and arrive where it's supposed to be at.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Jilly, mail to and from Canada is notoriously slow (and expensive).  It can get through Customs in good time and then seems to slow right down.  I have always allowed 6 weeks for mail to be delivered in Canada and that was in the days before ebay when there was a lot less mail to be delivered.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply