My first Negative Feedback left (gutted)

Last night I received my First Negative Feedback

I have strived to keep my Feedback Positive

And request that if anyone has any problems with my items

to please contact me first before leaving Any feedback

This buyer did'nt give me the chance to fix how she felt about her purchase

to the value of $2 she left me negative

I understand that you can't please everyone, but I wish she gave me the option before she ruin all my hard work

I would of gladly given her, her little gold $2 back!!!!

I requested could she please change the negative to a positive with her comment staying the same

she refused to review it & I was notified within 5 minutes of her refusing.

And said I must get alot of negative feedback for me to request her to change it

No my dear, You are my first, maybe if you actually read my feedback score, you would see that!!!

Oh And her reply to me asking that I prefer buyers to contact me first so I can resolve it

was I don't have time to reply to you, I live a busy life

That's why I received a huge essay in a private message, she had time for that

Well Darl, Thanks for wrecking what I have worked so damn hard at for a lousy $2 

SIGH!!!!!!!! & time for a coffee

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: My first Negative Feedback left (gutted)

I was another one of her targets, she tried to bid on some of my items, but thankfully, I had her main ID blocked already. She tried with her alternate ID, but as it hadn't been through phone verification and had 5 or less feedback (I might even up that to 10 yet), my blocks stopped her. Otherwise, I'd now be in the same boat as CQ.

I looked at your feedback and already it is close to the bottom of the first page. The way your feedback is coming in, it will be well down in no time. Even if people click to see the neg, most will see it as being a difficult buyer, nothing you've done wrong. I regularly buy things from people who have multiple negs, because you can see that they are just difficult buyers.

Buyers need to realise that sometimes sellers use a macro setting on their camera to show detail. It doesn't mean the item is to scale in the photo. One seller I bought from, they got a neg because the buyer assumed the item would be much bigger. It was a 1/4ct diamond, yet the photo was taken with a really good macro lens, hence looking huge. The imply they know what they're talking about, which if they did, they would know that a 1/4ct diamond isn't 20cm big! Others will get negs because the buyer thought the item arrived too slow....it hadn't arrived by the next day from an international location.

Most genuine people can see a petty negative. I bet if you look at her feedback left for others, she's probably done the same thing to other people. 

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

I guess if you got up to a massive number of all positive feedbacks, it would be gut wrenching to get an undeserved negative.

If it is any consolation, most buyers can recognise unfair feedback when they see it and if you have a heap of positive comments, it shouldn't put anyone off.

But just a note about your reply. It was very positive and polite and all, but if you did have the exact measurements in the listing, I would have mentioned that.

It makes the buyer look like what they are, a complete idiot, and any potential buyer seeing it will be reassured it wasn't your fault.

I have to say, I sold a Tall boy this week (on a sister site) and the man who came to look at it was like your buyer, he said he expected it to be bigger. I didn't say what i thought of that comment, but since the measurements had been in the ad, right down to the exact cm, with several clear photos, I just took it as a ploy to try to bargain down the price.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

My first (and only) negative was for a pick up item. Buyer arrived, spent 2 hours looking over every square inch of it, sat in my loungeroom and transferred the money into my bank account, drove away with it, then opened up a significantly not as described and gave me a negative. Long story short, I ended up in court, with them trying to force me to take it back.....and won, much to her horror.

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Yeah, I kind of wish I did think a little more with my reply

But as I said to eBay all my measurements & approx age sizes are listed in the listing

And her saying zoomed in alot no way, I have loaded the picture I used & held the actual item to the picture 

It's the same wish eBay would let me upload me holding it next to the picture & prove

her feedback comment was total **bleep**

They don't care to help me & told me this is a learning curve ( pffffttttt) 

Only thing I learn't was some people don't read all the listing nor grab a tape measure out & check measurements

And even if you add reads plus a shipping message stating

If your not completely happy with the item you have purchased

please contact me before leaving any feedback

This clearly can be ignored

And the neg lady replied she did'nt have time to message me & that me stating that in my add to her means I get alot of neg feedback

So in her eyes sellers that want to keep a happy customer & state if any problems to contact us

is we must be dodgy....

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

You could try ringing CS and demanding to speak with a supervisor who may be a little more sympathetic to your problem. After numerous useless and wasted phone calls and emails I finally managed to speak to a supervisor yesterday who could clearly see that the neg I was left was intentionally malicious and has promised to fully investigate the buyer and her prior activities, and try to have the neg removed from my account.

However, I still don't hold out a lot of hope, so in the interim I have withdrawn all of my listings, have paid my seller's account in full, and have revoked eBay's access to my credit card for billing purposes, and have now essentially retired my selling ID until the matter is resolved one way or the other.

Ebay are fully aware of my actions in this regard and they tried to tell me that they didn't want to lose a seller over such a minor issue, so I explained to them that I didn't consider it a minor issue at all and that my primary account will remain dormant permanently unless the neg is removed. Which is why I am currently using my alternate posting ID and will continue doing so until the issue is resolved to my satisfaction.

Quite frankly, I have better things to do than worry about the idiots who run this place or scumbag buyers who take pleasure in ruining decent seller's accounts, and if I never sell another item here again, I certainly won't be losing any sleep over the fact.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

That's terrible.

I have requested the buyer name thru PM to you, hope that's OK.

Just that your line of items is quite similar to ours and we don't want this kind of buyer dealing with us.

We have had a couple of NEGs on our selling IDs from buyers who don't contact first to try and resolve the problem, whatever it is.

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

As a result of this incident, I will shortly be changing my selling ID and will no longer be using it on the boards, and will be using a posting ID instead, and I very strongly urge that anybody who currently posts on these boards with their selling IDs should do the same, as it is far too easy for some psychopathic poster to ruin your perfect 100% feedback simply by buying a cheap item and leaving you a malicious neg in return.

Excellant advice cq_tech  - I accidently posted three words on the phorums with my main ID once. There is obviously people just sitting and waiting for such mistakes. My account was immediatly targeted for "special attention" I still dont know for sure what was going on but something went viral with numbers of views on my feedback & listings multiplying daily to scary levels. Much of the traffic was coming from international viewers. I ended up having to shut the account down and remove all listings for several weeks to try to slow it down. I am still experiencing unusual traffic flows more than twelve months later. Whats that all about ???

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

Sorry to hear that chameleon54, but I guess it gives you a pretty good idea of some of the scumbag types who don't just frequent or inhabit the eBay forums, but also apparently pass around or sell other users' information to those who can somehow profit from it, whether by attempted hacking or ATOs, or whatever. Certainly seems that nothing here is safe any more, least of all personal information.
Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

You have awesome feedback, your reply to the neg was perfect, and I don't see it causing you any trouble at all.

Of course you have added the buyer to your BBL, and if this is the type of thing they do often, I imagine they will be on the restricted list for future purchases.

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

qball28
Community Member
Look her up on Facebook (a lot got Facebook) freindly her and tell her friends. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Message 30 of 33
Latest reply