NEW FEATURE ON PICS

we know they're messing.....

I don't know if this is just for stores or site-wide. Go into your store - click on magnifying glass on picture - see what you get - an add to cart message (BINS)

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

I don't have a store, when I click on the magnifying glass I get a pop up type thing which is just a collection of blank boxes (which I assume the photos *should* be

Fiddle fiddle fiddle 

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

me too (on my listings since this mess started)....but someone I have been personal messaging has new features. They have the new store model, 1 or 2 photos per item....all BIN.....and you get a message asking you to add to cart (on the photos).
This could be the start of changes.....time will tell

Might stop listing and wait & see

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

It's like on .com site - click on any store on there and see the pic view
Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

Ah, more encouragement to ignore the description and just buy. Impulse buying is one thing, but buying without even knowing what you're buying is something else.

I haven't seen what you're talking about (yet).
Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

Good point

The new 'screw seller view'

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

have a look at this seller in USA and scroll over pic and click on magnifying glass

http://stores.ebay.com/Samsonite?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

see item description is down the bottom and secondary

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

IMHO, that is really,really crud. Scammers are going to have a field day  Woman Surprised

Thank you for posting that, good to have a heads up on what it looks like we are in for

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

@twyngwyn wrote:

have a look at this seller in USA and scroll over pic and click on magnifying glass

http://stores.ebay.com/Samsonite?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

see item description is down the bottom and secondary

OMG that is just so awful it's unbelievable and the images weren't even loading for me.

To see the description the listing page had to be loaded and even then it was abbreviated.

The similar items throw to an anonymous page as well so you think you're still dealing with the same seller when in fact you've been directed to someone else.

Multiple clicks and page loads to get relevant detail.

Interestingly, feedback is for that item only, not sellers general feedback?

Yet another hamfisted, badly thought out and badly implemented brain fart.

Who dreams up this garbage and why do they expect it will do anything other than discourage buyers?

Wouldn't it be sensible to test this stuff out before launching it onto an unsuspecting public?

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

NEW FEATURE ON PICS

OK....here's an Aussie store (Chemist Warehouse)

just hover over the pics until you see the magnifying glass....click on that

http://stores.ebay.com.au/chemistwarehouse-official?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply