Need help to find re Aust Post delivering china parcels for free...

So, I happened to bump into my my new local candidate today for the first time and I was chatting to him and his team... I was on my way to deliver some C&S parcels and had vented about the price increase that we pay yet people from China can post for free... 

He was very interested and wants to know more... 

Can anyone please direct me to the right place to find the info on how Aust Post must deliver parcels from China and other countries even though the right postage amount has not been paid... 

Need this info asap and I am not sure where to look.. 

have searched through the threads here as there has been some great info but for the life of me I can't find the right threads... 

either a link to those threads or link to government sites would be fine... 

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Go hard cats!...here's the stamp that was on my parcel. looks like free to me. Even if they paid for the packet it came in, still enables them to post it real cheap. They may not be able to charge for incoming mail, or tear up the International Mail Agreement or whatever, but they can still do something.  how about a system of free Australian domestic postage for all sellers for parcels under 250 grams or 500 grams with some kind of proof of an Australian mail order business or something.  that might increase sales in Australia?  Looking after our own?

Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

how about a system of free Australian domestic postage for all sellers for parcels under 250 grams or 500 grams with some kind of proof of an Australian mail order business or something.  that might increase sales in Australia?  Looking after our own?

Actually, there is already special deal for AP account holders, so if you are registered business with enough turn over, go and see what special deal AP would have for you. 🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

The stamp means nothing, having zero. As someone has already said, probably bulk postage.

Why should AP provide free postage for you, get real.

Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

not just for me..you too my friend

Message 34 of 45
Latest reply

I am sure the local member will be very nice and "interested" in the Australian eBay problems, hoping to get a vote, but will do zilch.

lol.. he knows I am a Lib/Nat voter.. have been all my life with a few exceptions for an Independent. 

He does not need to buy my vote.. he already knows he has it 

Message 35 of 45
Latest reply

Does any body here disagree with this:

The main reason things don't change is that the people don't honestly believe they have the power to change things, so they give uup trying. 

Election coming up people - let's push Australian, and let's push - Help our own economy instead of someone elses

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

thirdworldsweatshop
Community Member

gottabecareful

Yes I disagree with you. You need to choose your battles. This one has already been fought and lost. Its a dead horse!

Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

Then just give up movies, seems all you ever want to do on these boards is put everyone down.

Not everyone has that LOSER mentality, so why not just get behind someone who wants to try and do something to change thing's?

Who care's if it doesn't, I'd rather try and fail than lay down and wait to die

Message 38 of 45
Latest reply

I disagree with both of you.

People can change things.... But more specifically, people with a goal change things; people with an agenda change things. There is none of those things here so far and that effectively amounts to lobbying for .... ? 

When a cause needs attention > support > momentum, then someone needs to tell people what they'll be lobbying for. The first question anyone who is going to look at this issue seriously is going to ask is...change things how?

So, what is the goal? Australians to be paying less P&H? Australians who purchase from OS to be paying the cost of delivery within Oz? Who will it benefit and how, then who will it disadvantaged and how? Then how will that change be brought about?

This isn't about being a naysayer or defeatist, it's about taking the idea seriously so that those you speak to about it take it seriously, too. 

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

Agreed, so why not at least start getting the ball rolling.

30% increases from AP - to do what - supplement the internal FREE international post at the cost of Australian sellers.

Where would you start digital*ghost ? and if it gets big enough, why can't a change be forced?

Message 40 of 45
Latest reply