Need help with description of a power cable

pnc75
Community Member

Hi all, back again for help; this time for a power cable. I know absolutely nothing about these sorts of things and am wondering what the important information is that I need to identify and put in the listing.

It's made by Lineteck and I'll attach some photos with the markings. Also, I know one end is 2 prong / pin, but have no idea how to describe the other end. It is 2 M long, which I know needs to be included. 

I'd be very grateful for any help at all, and apologies for being ignorant about such matters! 😀IMG_4017.jpegIMG_4018.jpegIMG_4019.jpeg 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

This link has a pretty reasonable description https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwi5-q3tvbD-AhWLw5YKHagtDK4YABAgGgJ0bA&sig=AOD64_0K6EtMEMoh... 

Just make sure you state that your cord is rated at 7.5 amps as i think the Oz standard might be 10 amps. As Countess said it's a C7 but a lot of people don't know the names (I once went to JB and asked for USB-A to USB-B cable and got blank look- it's a standard printer cable)

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Fully moulded power cable

Australian 240V  2 pin plug   to   IEC C7  (Figure 😎  female plug

7.5A   250V.

I have got hundreds of them from various manufacturers,  Numbers may vary depending on manufacturers, and there are usually cable specifications embossed or printed on the actual cable

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Where did that emoji spring from,  should have read  figure 8

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

I had a printer with a similar plug.

LOL - I rest my case.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Ah!!  But they are used for far more  than just printers

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Canon.

images (6) - 2023-04-17T162644.043.jpeg

That plug ain't gunna fit anything I own. My power points are cringing at that 2 prong plug thingy. Certainly not going to fit anything in Australia, that's for sure. My power points are 3 prongs.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

will work with a  240v aussie adapter, but I prefer the fully moulded oz versions.

Have at least 7 of them in operation, in arms length.

3 x printers  3 x  led tube lights and 1 radio charger.  there are probably more running transformers etc.

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

This one ain't a cannon either pnc..............a mate of mine gave me one today - I've just got to work out if it's a "Widow-Maker" or not.........

I suspect it could be...................

5.JPG

Those feral Pink and Greys over here should be wary !!!!!

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

Hi all, back again for help; this time for a power cable. I know absolutely nothing about these sorts of things and am wondering what the important information is that I need to identify and put in the listing.

It's made by Lineteck and I'll attach some photos with the markings. Also, I know one end is 2 prong / pin, but have no idea how to describe the other end. It is 2 M long, which I know needs to be included. 

I'd be very grateful for any help at all, and apologies for being ignorant about such matters! 😀IMG_4017.jpegIMG_4018.jpegIMG_4019.jpeg 

I sell an assortment of international formats of plugs. Here are 2 of the sites I rely on for reliable info.

https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/

https://www.internationalconfig.com/wwpts/index.asp

-Lotz

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Canon.

images (6) - 2023-04-17T162644.043.jpeg

That plug ain't gunna fit anything I own. My power points are cringing at that 2 prong plug thingy.  Certainly not going to fit anything in Australia, that's for sure. My power points are 3 prongs. The replacement for that was a single larger prong then followed by the ground. 

That's definitely for use with older vintage equipment working with North American 110 VAC power. The left image has multiple formats depending on the piece of equipment. The image on right was updated to a single larger prong and then followed by a ground pin. When I plugged in a circa 1940ies North American toaster with that type of power ending to test it hardly smoked at all. 😉

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply