Negative Feedback ON eBay

I note, as is seemingly the case EVERYWHERE these days, that it is impossible to leave feedback, negative or otherwise ON eBay.com

Now don't get confused here. I mean NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT EBAY!!

Everyone can leave any feedback they want on the buyers/sellers in the ebay community.

BUT you CANNOT leave feedback ABOUT ebay.com. There is  simply no way to express any descent about who we the members are treated. 

Typically, the reason is.... Oh I don't know, mayhap because they simply do not care about the users of their platform.  After all, if you don't agree with their policies, you can PO!! End of story!

Why is that...?? You would think they would care about the buyers/sellers on their platform. Silly me, eh??

I have been a ebay member since the very beginning, joining not long after the launch of the company in 1995. I have conducted $1000's upon $1000's of business thru them. 

Previously, (as in the early years) the company was 'approachable'. If you had an issue with THEIR policies, you could contact them about ones concerns, and while they rarely changed said policy, at least there was a process you could engage with.

Now you can take a flying leap!!

Sooo... again I ask.... Why is there no process for members to express their dissatisfaction with eBay's policies??

In recent years, this platform has become more & more problematic! They have settled on a business model that suits them & the rest of us can take a flying leap!!

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

if you don't agree with their policies, you can PO!! End of story!

Correct. Their sandpit, their rules. Which you agreed to when you joined.

As to why, you would have to ask eBay, not other members who are the only inhabitants of the boards.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

That thereโ€™s not a complaints department is a legitimate issue. Itโ€™s an understandable decision (manpower dealing with complainants = a lot of money going towards salaries, plus a bot-driven process is streamlined, largely hands-off, and avoids the stress of dealing face to face with highly upset people), but I find it one of the least admirable things about eBay.

However, expecting a company to give its users the ability to slam it on that companyโ€™s own provided resources (board, site, whatever it may be) is probably an unrealistic expectation.

eBay are notoriously uninterested in membersโ€™ views insofar as theyโ€™d touch on eBay policies or procedures. I donโ€™t consider eBay perfect; eBay has moved far from its original idea, certainly. That doesnโ€™t mean I can see any advantage in eBay letting its users launch their own demands like cabbages from a trebuchet.

You can still offer your suggestions to eBay.

Select the link that best describes the suggestion, click onto it, and away you go.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

"Silly me, eh??"

No argument from me.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, I guess its because of users such as yourself.

People who yell, and yell with emphasis such as yourself shouldnt be allowed on anyhow.

You do realise we are just other users, and there is no need to yell (with emphasis ) at us.

Enjoy your day

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Just because you are an ebay user, why should you have any say in policies etc.  Save your bickies and buy some shares and eventually you may be entitled to a voice.

Now what was that about PO.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Nope, buyers cannot be left negative feedback and havenโ€™t since 2008

This is eBay.com.au helps to know what site you are on

Given your experience, you would be well aware of all polices, which you agreed to and continue to choose to agree to

No use posting all about here, contact eBay and tell them

Nope, they do not care about sellers, eBay is always all about the buyer

Dont like the policies you agreed to, donโ€™t support them

Its no secret how it works

A d no, I am not paid by eBay to respond

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Sooo many helpful replies to my comment. 

Please...Please let me be on when one of you 'helpful' people suffer the same shocking attitudes/results from both ebay.com and this community. I too will have some 'helpful' suggestions.

1stly.. I am a buyer.... so ebay.com only 'concerns' being for 'buyers' as apposed to 'sellers' is a moot point!

2ndly.. ebay.com's 'complaints'/comments section is solely for ebays' benefit. They do not respond, address or engage with its members, buyers or sellers. All ebay does is direct you to a previously populated bland suggestion that you take the matter up with the seller.

3rdly... There a lots of comments suggesting that, as I agreed upon joining and continue to  engage with the platform to the terms set by ebay is disingenuous!

No agreement is viable if the choices are: Take it or Leave it.

IMHO If you make money from your customers, you have a responsibility to address any issues that arise from said interaction.

4thly Mayhap I was not clear enough about my issue. I made a expensive purchase on ebay, (making any issue arising from that transaction a matter for ebay to address) waited patiently for the item to arrive and finding that 10 days had passed without the paid for items arrival, contacted the seller, (as 'suggested' by ebay) to raise the matter. 

I waited a further 5 days without reply.

It was at this point I contacted ebay 'support' only to discover that my original message (made thru ebay's messaging system) had been deleted!!  Seriously!! Not read or adjucated. Just deleted!

On respectfully requesting some explanation and assistance, I received a stock standard auto reply informing me that, because I used an un-official email address (what the hell????) ebay was 'protecting' its members from possible fraudulent contact. (Really??? what they meant is protecting their own income stream) 

I have no idea what they meant by that. I cannot think how ebay determines what an 'un-official' email address is or what it has to do with this matter. (Note here, I was using the same (only) email address I have used since joining this platform in 1995)

But what I do know... ebay has an obligation to inform me that they were restricting contact with the seller and why. To provide reasoning: so as to protect us all.................. Really?? Equally they have a responsibility to address any and all issues stemming from or relating to this matter.

What actually happened, what brought me to this forum (beyond a unrealistic assumption that I might find, if not support, at least an cadre willing to listen.) was my indignation that on trying to contact ebay for an explanation/suggestion of how I was now expected to resolve my situation.  I was $1000+ out of pocket, had no avenue to contact with the seller and nothing but an auto-reply with unhelpful assistance from ebay.  

ebay'a reply was fatuous in the extreme. It simply suggested that I take the matter up with the seller!! 

If I was unsuccessful, in a further 6 days, I could contact ebay and they would address the matter then...

And forum members here, as shown by the replies to my post, suggest I just suck it up!!!

Thanks for all the input

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

''Yes, I guess its because of users such as yourself.''

Thank you for your helpful comment.

I can assume from this your mother never taught you: If you have nothing good to say, say nothing!

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Now that you have explained your issue instead of yelling at us fellow forum users.  If I can gather correctly from your diatribe the problem is you didn't receive your item.

If my assumption is correct as you took a lot of angst to get there,  Your option is simple, open an item not received case.  Simples really

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply