New Cancellation Process Problem

I had a new buyer buy two identical items.

One they paid for and the other remained on the awaiting shipment list.

Then we get a message from the buyer that says they made a mistake with the 2nd item could we please cancel it.

No worries I thought....

First time I've used this new process so I chose the option the buyer requested the cancellation OR there is a problem with the address.

Sent a message to the buyer letting them know they would have to agree.

Short time later I get a message from ebay saying the transaction has been cancelled and I don't need to do any more. So the buyer must have agreed I assume.

But... this item is still sitting on my awaiting payment list with the status showing as cancelled. The little red envelope symbol. Been like this for two days now.

What do I have to do to get this dumfounded process to complete cleanly and remove this item from my list?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: New Cancellation Process Problem

Hi, I have been on & on to ebay now since I tried to cancel a purchase from a buyer who bought 2 identical items, I sent them a message to ask if they wanted one or both and never heard back from them, tried again, still no answer to then I tried to cancel (the old way), but it's all changed.  Not only do we not get a decent set of reasons to choose from, this purchase had nothing to do with the choice I had to make, it all seemed to favour the buyer (and still does).  I had to choose wrong address or something stupid, instead this buyer would not communicate.  So now the cancellation is in limbo with ebay saying they are waiting for confirmation that they have received a refund!!!  What a joke, this buyer hasn't even paid, nor will he communicate, and all ebay can say is after 10 days they will automatically remove it, well it's 10 days now and the items are still in my sold list.  I can't do a thing about it.  I suggested to ebay not to bite the hand that feeds them, but I guess if enough of us sellers complain, they might review their process.  They always seem to be "pro" buyers when it's the sellers who are propping them up.  Not happy!!!

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: New Cancellation Process Problem

Hi All, According to ebay the buyer cannot cancel a sale, it has to be done by the seller. I had a buyer buy something from me and then changed their mind, requested cancellation so I sent them the form.

Waited for the response from the buyer....nothing. I then rang ebay.

Apparently the buyer has 10 days to confirm the request. I told ebay that was riduculous because it prevents the item being sold while your waiting for the confimation. They agreed and said the best way to do it was to wait the four days and open UPI.

It is too easy for the buyer to opt out of the sale.

Matter of fact had another one this morning..

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply